• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonights Echo

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Flavs reckons he'll be available for Saturday against Port Vale. Whether he'll start is another matter.

Bring him in for Maher maybe?
tounge.gif

Bart's in posetion of the shirt and has done nothing wrong so I'd be surprised if Tilly drops him. Would go against his management style - if you'e doing the business you stay in the team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 23 2005,12:53)]Bart's in posetion of the shirt and has done nothing wrong so I'd be surprised if Tilly drops him.  Would go against his management style - if you'e doing the business you stay in the team.
How many games has Bart been in goal? How many games have we won in that time? and how mnay goals have we conceded?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 23 2005,12:53)]Bart's in posetion of the shirt and has done nothing wrong so I'd be surprised if Tilly drops him.  Would go against his management style - if you'e doing the business you stay in the team.
Agree with that, just look at the situation with Jupp & Spinner who started the season in the first team, but due to injury and the form of their replacements neither can get back in the team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2005,12:51)]How about you substantiate that claim, scamps?

WS
honestly Mike if you'd see Flavs and Bart in the flesh now you'd not ask the question. Flavs is the better keeper by quite a way. Shot stopping, crosses and distribution (this probably moreso than the first 2) and the defence seem more confident having Flavs behind them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 23 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
How many games has Bart been in goal? How many games have we won in that time? and how mnay goals have we conceded?

rock.gif
Like I posted on the other thread
With Bart P4 conceded 4 with 2 clean sheets
With Flavs P 15 conceded 17 (Not Inc LDV)

So nothing in it there......

If you want to look somewhere for a difference try the Goals Scored bit....

Last 4 games 5 goals (1.25 per game) and that included 3 at Brizzle
Previous 15  Scored 29 (1.94 per game)

Had that 1.94 record been carried forward over the games Bart played in we may well have drawn the last two, then would we be moaning ?

As said earlier, if Flavs comes in simply because he is fit, then it goes against everything Tilly has tried to do. You cannot have competition for places that way.

Consider Lawson. He did fine when in for Freddy during his suspension, but did Freddy come straight back in? No. Lawson had done nothing wrong, the team were winning, so Sir Fred had to wait. When he did get in, the result was explosive.

Same with Bart. We have not scored many goals lately (I'm sure even wiggy can't lay that at Barts door) and are conceding pro rata less than when Flavs was in goal. So until Barts keeping costs us goals or he gets injured or suspended, he'll stay there, with Flavs chomping at the bit to get in the team. If Bart doesn't perform. he'll be dropped.

That's how competition works.

If Bart gets dropped when he hasn't done anything wrong, then what message does that send to him? Especially when the problem comes from a lack of scoring goals, not conceding them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 23 2005,13:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 23 2005,12:58)]
[b said:

rock.gif
Like I posted on the other thread
With Bart P4 conceded 4 with 2 clean sheets
With Flavs P 15 conceded 17 (Not Inc LDV)

So nothing in it there......

If you want to look somewhere for a difference try the Goals Scored bit....

Last 4 games 5 goals (1.25 per game) and that included 3 at Brizzle
Previous 15  Scored 29 (1.94 per game)

Had that 1.94 record been carried forward over the games Bart played in we may well have drawn the last two, then would we be moaning ?
I wasn't moaning - I actually didn't know and was asking.

tounge.gif

Bart hasn't done anything majorily wrong althought there is question marks over Forest's 2nd goal but lets let that go.

Reckon if Darryl was brough in, like said, it would go against Tilly's policy in picking players.

Agree 100% that Bart should keep his place as he's not had any disasters.

Many think Flav's is better than Bart because they see Bart come for virtually every cross and miss some, as opposed to Flav who comes for virtually no crosses so doesn't miss many.

IMHO, Flav is as much at fault for not coming for crosses as Bart is for coming for and missing crosses.

Tilson has always been very consistent in his selections. With the goalkeeping position lets remember back to last season. Bart gets injured at Rushden, Flahavan comes in until he gets sent off v Boston, when first Clarke comes in followed by fit again Bart. Daryl comes back from suspension and can't get back because Bart is playing well. Bart gets injured after Christmas and Daryl keeps his place until he breaks his finger.
Consistency of selection which i am sure Tilly while he is in charge will maintain.

Yes, keep the same players if they're doing well i.e. Lawson. Bart is not playing well and the whole defence has looked shaky since he took his place between the sticks!

Competition is great, but that player has to be performing to warrant staying in! What message would Tilly be sending out - A very easy one - Bart, You're not playing well enough.

Tilly has made exceptions to his selection policy though, if the player is deemed important enough, eg Maher coming in after missing two 3-0 wins through suspension. Personally I think Flavs definately falls into that category nowadays. We mightn't have conceeded that many goals with Bart in the side, but against Swansea and Barnet in particular we looked liable to conceed at any moment. The defence seems a lot more at ease when they have Darryl behind them, possibly because they know by now which balls they should deal with and which to leave to the keeper. Bart seems more erratic in his choice of which balls to come out for.

Plus, in terms of shot-stopping theres no comparison between the two.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 23 2005,14:01)]honestly Mike if you'd see Flavs and Bart in the flesh now you'd not ask the question. Flavs is the better keeper by quite a way. Shot stopping, crosses and distribution (this probably moreso than the first 2) and the defence seem more confident having Flavs behind them.
Oh, I'm ot doubting the ability. I just hate this blind faith in Flahavan without any justification other than some might say he's a bit of a looker. I'm was really after some sort of debate exactly like you've given above, rather than "Flahavan is better" three word sentence ...

WS

wink.gif

Saturday, Bart looked uncomfortable in goal, for some reason. Bring back Flavs, and if he is fit, he has to start.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2005,14:51)]Saturday, Bart looked uncomfortable in goal, for some reason. Bring back Flavs, and if he is fit, he has to start.
Just on Saturday??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Nov. 23 2005,14:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2005,14:51)]Saturday, Bart looked uncomfortable in goal, for some reason. Bring back Flavs, and if he is fit, he has to start.
Just on Saturday??
I havent seen him play in any other games this season. That was my first game of the season. And i've always preffered Darryl anyway

Back