• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it's awful - Cresswell not even on the bench for Fleetwood - wouldn't fear either team if (when) we reach Wembley :smile:

To be fair the pitch doesn't look like too much good football will be had. That said Fleetwood are trying to keep the ball on the deck whereas York are hoofing it about a bit. Pretty even at half time.

Nothing to fear from either team from what I've seen and what we know so far.......

Big pet hate of mine when a player doesn't celebrate scoring against his old club. Find it very disrespectful to your current employers.

Kenneth, I read the title of the thread and thought "your not bragging again are you" :smile:

Neither York nor Fleetwood are showing anything other than long ball hit and hope. Just a small matter of overcoming the Brewers first!!!!

Big pet hate of mine when a player doesn't celebrate scoring against his old club. Find it very disrespectful to your current employers.
Pretty off topic but for me it's hardly disrespectful not to celebrate a goal against your former employees. If he deliberately played poorly yes, but once you've fulfilled your job role it's up to you how you respond. I'm all for passionate players, but there's a place for respect too.

Neither York nor Fleetwood are showing anything other than long ball hit and hope. Just a small matter of overcoming the Brewers first!!!!

Agree with this. The impression i have from many on here is that it will be a formality on Saturday. I admit i thought the same two years ago against Crewe (although Crewe were a better side than Burton). On Sunday we did create the better chances and more of them, BUT, they scored the goal that mattered. Its going to take a huge and patient effort from all to win this on Saturday. We struggled at home against them (apparently against a weakened team) and to be honest they didnt look much better on Sunday full strength. BUT, that all important goal gives them something to defend and lets face it we haven't been great at breaking down teams at Roots Hall. Look more recently at the home games against Burton, Torquay, Accrington, Hartlepool etc . teams that come and sit back cause us problems. Admittadely we won three of those 1-0, but there are no guarantees on Saturday. IF and its a big IF we get to Wembley i dont care who we play.

Back