• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stickyboy

Director
Scores tonite so far have pretty much killed off all the slim chance we did have to sneaking 7th

Bradford 2 - Brizzle 0
Rotherham 3 - Exeter 0

Top 7 will be Gillingham, Port Vale, Northampton, Cheltenham, Burton Albion, Rotherham, Bradford

I wouldn't say that. I know its a big if, but IF we win tomorrow, we would be 8 points behind Cheltenham and Burton with a game in hand. 8 points and 7 points behind Northampton and Rotherham, and 4 points behind Bradford.

Still need to win at least 4 if not 5 of the 5 games left, but tonight doesn't change anything.

Scores tonite so far have pretty much killed off all the slim chance we did have to sneaking 7th

Bradford 2 - Brizzle 0
Rotherham 3 - Exeter 0

Top 7 will be Gillingham, Port Vale, Northampton, Cheltenham, Burton Albion, Rotherham, Bradford

Nope, I bet there will be a 'We can still do it' post from someone tomorrow, which will have us winning all our games and all the play-off contenders losing all their games

I wouldn't say that. I know its a big if, but IF we win tomorrow, we would be 8 points behind Cheltenham and Burton with a game in hand. 8 points and 7 points behind Northampton and Rotherham, and 4 points behind Bradford.

Still need to win at least 4 if not 5 of the 5 games left, but tonight doesn't change anything.

Of course it changes things. Bradford City and Rotherham United could both have another three points more than us!
How on earth can that make no difference???

To be honest if someone said we need to win just 1 out of 5 remaining games I wouldnt fancy us. Think we will end up around 15th

I dont think we have ever won our last five games of a season. It's not going to happen this season either.

Of course it changes things. Bradford City and Rotherham United could both have another three points more than us!
How on earth can that make no difference???

Exeter have got no points tonight, Burton currently only 1.

Dont for one second think that we will get anywhere near it, but there are a huge number of teams on 68 points down to 60

Irrelevant on how the others do. Id be surprised if the hopeless lot we have put in 1 good performance before the end of the season never mind win games.

See - tonight does change things.
No matter who won or lost - tonight was always going to change things for better or worse!

Personally I think we can pretty much forget about League 1 for a very long time!

EDIT In the interests of positivity if we somehow conjure up an investor who actually has some certifiable wealth and invests in this club then my position above may change!

Last edited:
Trouble is I feel fans can be forgiven for thinking our play-off chances look bleak after tonight. Bradford and Rotherham have not only 3 further points better off but they have boosted their Goal difference as well. Ditto Burton. When you look at all columns in the table it shows we are falling behind nearly in all areas which is why it looks like we won't make it this year. Not to mention our recent form has been relegation-like form. This isn't deliberate negativity I'm afraid its reality and after a decent first half to the season when hopes were high the frustration makes it all the more painful to accept.

I don't get the point of realism at this stage while play-offs are still mathematically possible. Anything can happen, while it is still possible everyone should support and believe. That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
I don't get the point of realism at this stage while play-offs are still mathematically positively. Anything can happen, while it is still possible everyone should support and believe. That's just my opinion though.

I indeed will support but Believe has been an overused commodity at SUFC recently.

How about we wait to see if Bradford lose away at Chesterfield, Exeter fail to win away at Wimbledon and Gillingham beat Cheltenham.....of course Southend have to beat Rochdale and Bristol Rovers! ;)

it is a good opinion. support at all times. but looking at the columns in the table it does kind of tell you we are not going to make it. we are lagging.

Back