• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tony Taylor

canada shrimper

Director
I know this will probably get moved straight away, but what can people tell me about Tony Taylor?He has just taken over as  technical director of football over here in Oakville,just west of Toronto.He played for a few clubs just wondered what he did for the shrimps.Would probably have been mid or early 70's.How many appearances and goals?

63 games (league and cups) and one goal. To be perfectly honest I'm struggling to remember him. Scottish appparently.

Not 100% certain, but I think he was a full back in the Arthur Rowley era-which would be 70's, think we bought him from Crystal Palace for, at the time a record transfer fee. Could have been in exchange for Peter taylor

[b said:
Quote[/b] (piersend @ Nov. 07 2003,07:25)]Not 100% certain, but I think he was a full back in the Arthur Rowley era-which would be 70's, think we bought him from Crystal Palace for, at the time a record transfer fee. Could have been in exchange for Peter taylor
You're right about Palace ... and he went to Swindon. Still can't place him - I'll try to find a picture!

TONY TAYLOR

Born : 06 September 1946 in Glasgow.

Signed August 1974 from Crystal Palace.

63 appearances 1 goal

Left August 1976 to Swindon Town.

090_Tony_Taylor.jpg

Tony Taylor whilst at Palace

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2003,09:23)]TONY TAYLOR

Born : 06 September 1946 in Glasgow.

Signed August 1974 from Crystal Palace.

63 appearances 1 goal

Left August 1976 to Swindon Town.

090_Tony_Taylor.jpg

Tony Taylor whilst at Palace

WS
I've just been in touch with Oakville for a chat...

Bet they appreciate that. It's half four in the morning ...

WS

I do remember him, but in a forgettable way, if you know what I mean (Harry).

He was a pretty average player that neither excelled nor was appalling, which is why he is so difficult to recall.

Back