• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top 5 Mark Gower moments

1) His goal against Brizzle Rovers
2) His goal against Brighton
3) His goal against Bournemouth
4) His goal against QPR
5) Telling LDNFASTO to F-OFF (Thanks DtS for reminding us about that)

Best O luck G-man IMHO we're gonna miss him... He is in the same league as Stan and Freddy for being able to produce something out of nothing and here is my fav moments, which seem to always coincide with idiots slating him during the said game and this is what makes it special!

Sitting in east stand with two old men behind me one of em slagging the g-man off with the score at 2-2(could've been 1-2) v Darlo G-Man picks up the ball up wriggles past one or two defenders... old git slaggin G-Man off says "Whats the point of Gower using he's just as crap on his left foot as he is on his right" ball leaves Gowers foot and rifles into net... Other old man says "That shut you up didn't it!"

Truly classic goal!:clap:

You cant possibly have all the great Gower moments shrunk down to just a list of 5.

Theres too many to mention.

Leaving for swansea is my frav Mark Gower moment, no doubt he has been a great player for the club, hes just one i never really liked.

The goals vs Bristol Rovers and Brighton for me. Scored a good one at Forest too if I remember rightly

what a goal it was at Forest aswell... i remember we just made kickoff coz of traffic, literally found our seats and he cut in and smashed it home.. that and the next half hour were brilliant!

Far too many to list down, and some I can't remember at the moment but, in no particular order:

1) His goal away to Bristol Rovers in the LDV. Fantastic strike.
2) His run and finish Vs Brighton at home this season.
3) This debut Vs Cheltenham. 2 goals, including a cracking first one.
4) The last minute winner Vs Swindon at home this season.
5) The third in the 3-3 draw Vs Norwich in the Championship.

There are so, so many I could have picked. A lot of efforts crashing against the crossbar, and keepers pulling off terrific saves as well. Was it Walsall at home this season when Ince got the slightest of touches to tip it onto the bar. Cracking effort.

Back