• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
It is rare for a refereeing apointment to be overshadowed by that of an Assistant Referee, but on the line tomorrow will be English football's most famous flag waver, Ms Sian Massey from Coventry.

In the middle will be David Coote from Winthorpe near Newark. He is a first year referee and things can't be going too badly as he has recently been given a Championship appointment. His 15 games as a Football League referee have produced a slightly above average 47 yellows, but he has yet to show a red card !! His last four matches have all been draws and he hasn't had an away win since the beginning of the season.

He is 27 and works for the Nottinghamshire FA as their Referees' Development Officer (which won't harm his refereeing career!).

He has refereed one Southend match previously, when I don't think any blame was attributed to him for our late, late defeat at Chesterfield.

The other Assistant will be Tim Wood from Gloucester with Andrew Turner from Devon as 4th official.

I trust Ms Massey did a decent job on the line ?

To be honest, yes she did fine. A couple of decisions were questioned by the away fans but no more than we normally abuse a lino for!! She did get a mouthful from Grant in the first half - completely unneccesarily - when she flagged for handball - Granty did have his arms above his head so shouldnt have really complained as strongly as he did. Would he have been so aggressive if it had been a male lino???

Like James said she done a good job.

I would also like to mention that I thought her flag was very bright and clean and looked nice and crisp, as if she had starched it. The way she signalled a corner by the quick "whipping" motion of her flag was well worth the journey on it's own (oh dear time for a shower!!).

Obviously I didn't mention the whole host of inappropriate comments that were made on the terrace -( I'm looking at you Beaver!)

Obviously I didn't mention the whole host of inappropriate comments that were made on the terrace -( I'm looking at you Beaver!)

I only said that she should be at home doing the washing :whistling:

Lets face it, after that one decision any lines person would be getting abuse :winking:

Other than that I though she did a good job.

I only said that she should be at home doing the washing :whistling:

Lets face it, after that one decision any lines person would be getting abuse :winking:

Other than that I though she did a good job.

You mentioned something about her ponytail as well...

To be honest, yes she did fine. A couple of decisions were questioned by the away fans but no more than we normally abuse a lino for!! She did get a mouthful from Grant in the first half - completely unneccesarily - when she flagged for handball - Granty did have his arms above his head so shouldnt have really complained as strongly as he did. Would he have been so aggressive if it had been a male lino???

I would agree she did a good job as did all the officials - not often you can say that

All I said was it looked nice swishing when she ran :bluebelles:

I am sure you mentioned grabbing hold of it:blush:

That was the Late One :slurp:

Don't bring me into it - It was you that suggested going down the other end for the second half.

I was hoping for a penalty as she would have stood right in front of me.

Last edited:
Back