• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Morning all, I was just having a chat with one of my colleagues and we were talking about what traditions we do on Christmas eve.

We normally accumulate a lot of chocolate, nuts, biscuits etc. for a table which we cannot touch before Christmas eve.

I also watch the following films without fail: Jingle All the Way, Home alone 1&2, Santa Clause 1&2 and The Polar Express.

My family used to have cheese and biscuits to my annoyance for dinner?! So I normally cooked myself some pasta.

Do you have any weird or wonderful traditions for Christmas?

Oh and I have just realised it is not December yet, so apologies if it is a little early! I also have a malteser advent calendar. I thought I would just throw that in there.

Load up the Man Utd match on the laptop and watch it while having a bubble bath, and drinking from the keg of glory.

Oh yes, I forget to mention the beer drinking too. I normally go for Rosey Nosey, Bah Humbug and my local brewery - Wibblers - Santa's night Off and Polar Beer. All very nice.

Gremlins is also a great Christmas film DEAGLE! DEAGLE! I think I watched that last year actually.

Never really been too much of a Christmas Eve drinker - usually save the booze-up for the main day, and especially so these days as the children will no doubt be up before 6am...

For madam and I the real highlight of Christmas is Christmas Day and the 2 hours in the pub whilst the dinner ruins. Priceless.

My son now 30 always buys the family KFC on Christmas Eve, since he had a part/full time job, it's been his tradition to buy the KFC and we always go at 6.30 pm :smile:

Well you did ask for weird as well as wonderful....When I was younger we used to dress up smart as a family and go and visit my Fathers grave....He was killed in a road accident on Christmas Eve morning....By an 18 year old on the wrong side of the road in a car that wasn't road worthy.

We did drop the 'guilt' trip as it wasn't doing any of us any good. Of course Christmas has never quite done it for me. Happy for everyone else and I would even swap shifts to let other married men have Christmas day of etc. I will be looking forward to the Boxing day game as I don't have to worry about shifts anymore.

I never really thought about it at the time but helping other families in a moment of crisis at that time of year was sort of therapeutic.

Have fun but stay safe. :thumbsup:

I dance around a bonfire naked whilst chanting the name of Alan McCormack.

2Q==

2Q==

All together now....

Oh Alan,
Ron Martin couldn't see your worth,
But those NASA boys are getting worried,
How many balls are orbiting the earth?

And a Happy Christmas to one and all. :smile:

Morning all, I was just having a chat with one of my colleagues and we were talking about what traditions we do on Christmas eve.

We normally accumulate a lot of chocolate, nuts, biscuits etc. for a table which we cannot touch before Christmas eve.

I also watch the following films without fail: Jingle All the Way, Home alone 1&2, Santa Clause 1&2 and The Polar Express.

My family used to have cheese and biscuits to my annoyance for dinner?! So I normally cooked myself some pasta.

Do you have any weird or wonderful traditions for Christmas?

Oh and I have just realised it is not December yet, so apologies if it is a little early! I also have a malteser advent calendar. I thought I would just throw that in there.

Wouldn't that be about 10 hours in front of the television?

Back