• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Training 31/03/05

Summary - Your players

TSI per player (average) : 2 070
Total squad TSI: 31 050
Average age: 21
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): poor
No of players (excluding the coach): 15
Number of nationalities: 7

interesting fact since i started back in season 20 I have only lost 13 games, drawn 3 games and won 62 games.

Not a bad record
wink.gif
Come on Toddy you have had a team longer than me what are your stats.
tounge.gif

An 18yo popped to formidable defending but a horrific downturn in form for the second week running.

On the upside we'll be £500k+ richer come tomorrow evening.....

Got a couple of pops. My twenty year old defender up to formidable, and my 17yo clown up to solid.

Form +4/-4

I think we need a new thread for us mere mortals who can only manage pops to Solid.

I had 3 18 year olds pop this week!!!!

From small acorns!!

I'll get there eventually!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 01 2005,11:01)]Had a 20yo defender pop to solid this week.  

My youth squad has now been solid for 2 weeks - how long before this pops again ? (full investment but inadequate coach).
Solid to excellent youth team takes 16 weeks at full investment. Your coach has nothing to do with this.

I'd probably sell the 20yo who has just popped and replace with a younger trainee. You don't really want to be training 21 year old solids next year (they take too long to pop). To still be training at 21 I'd suggest that the player should be at least the higher end of formidable.

You will probably be better off replacing with a 17 or 18 year old passable with high TSI as if they are a high passable they will reach formidable before a 20 year old solid+0, and will be better for training beyond that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ April 01 2005,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 01 2005,11:01)]Had a 20yo defender pop to solid this week.  

My youth squad has now been solid for 2 weeks - how long before this pops again ? (full investment but inadequate coach).
Solid to excellent youth team takes 16 weeks at full investment. Your coach has nothing to do with this.

I'd probably sell the 20yo who has just popped and replace with a younger trainee. You don't really want to be training 21 year old solids next year (they take too long to pop). To still be training at 21 I'd suggest that the player should be at least the higher end of formidable.

You will probably be better off replacing with a 17 or 18 year old passable with high TSI as if they are a high passable they will reach formidable before a 20 year old solid+0, and will be better for training beyond that.
Cheers for that, I may well take you up on the sale advice as well, though I am saving my excellent defender that popped a couple of weeks back for another pop and re-investment into better midfielders and a better coach.

That sounds like a fair enough plan. A 20 year old excellent who popped a couple of weeks ago should be about excellent +8 at the end of the season, and should then pop towards the start of next season (may be a bit longer as you haven't a solid coach).

The key is to sell as soon as they pop so you don't give their new owner free training - as they won't pay more for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 31 2005,21:40)]interesting fact since i started back in season 20 I have only lost 13 games, drawn 3 games and won 62 games.

Not a bad record
wink.gif
tounge.gif
is there an easier way to work this out than just counting the matches I have played?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 31 2005,21:40)]interesting fact since i started back in season 20 I have only lost 13 games, drawn 3 games and won 62 games.

Not a bad record
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Ok.

Played 84 league and cup games,

Won 41

Lost 39

Drawn 4

Div VI.179 Historical standings

Team Played Goals Points
1. The Shrimpers 78 224 - 168 124
2. Argyle 49 149 - 82 95

Back