• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Training photos

Nice to see the training photos up, dont recognise one of the players, think it was 4th last photo but at least hey are back training

Last edited:
Did anyone notice the dome scaffolding in the background of a couple of the pics. It looks really rusty? It’s going to end up costing us a fortune. And that will be for someone to get rid of it not put it up!

Did anyone notice the dome scaffolding in the background of a couple of the pics. It looks really rusty? It’s going to end up costing us a fortune. And that will be for someone to get rid of it not put it up!

just scrap it now, although I think the cost of transporting it will be about the same that its worth now so just call it even.

just scrap it now, although I think the cost of transporting it will be about the same that its worth now so just call it even.
I say break it up and sell the pieces as a club memento for supporters of Colchester United who want to enjoy a permanent reminder of our club's inherent incompetence....

How many of us here have a barely started/half finished DIY project that has lost momentum or stalled?

I will never blame Ron for being a dreamer. The world needs dreamers but sometimes dreamers set the bar a little too high.

Just wait for the next time our travelling friends invade Garons and leave them a help yourself note!:Smile:

How many of us here have a barely started/half finished DIY project that has lost momentum or stalled?

I will never blame Ron for being a dreamer. The world needs dreamers but sometimes dreamers set the bar a little too high.
Isn't there some DIY show where they come in and resurrect DIY projects? Usual story of some 'community figure, great intentions but fell on some tough times'. Cue up some sad music, add some patronising commentary and suddenly we've got a new training facility and a bunch of neighbours applauding in their best clothes on 'telly?

Edit:
I remember now - DIY SOS - DIY Southend On Sea edition!

Make it happen Ronald.

Isn't there some DIY show where they come in and resurrect DIY projects? Usual story of some 'community figure, great intentions but fell on some tough times'. Cue up some sad music, add some patronising commentary and suddenly we've got a new training facility and a bunch of neighbours applauding in their best clothes on 'telly?

Edit:
I remember now - DIY SOS - DIY Southend On Sea edition!

Make it happen Ronald.

Where’s Anneka Rice when you need her!

You’d think he would still go for training for his own fitness, unless the club won’t allow it.
Reckon it is an insurance issue, the club wont insure him so probably don’t want him there. He is working out at David Lloyds though and doing some running down the front

Don't forget that due to Covid restrictions anyone not under contract may not be allowed to train with the club

Yes, indeed. Let's hope the new manager can get him back to his best.

Was that Demi in one the pictures looking rather slim?

I think the new manager will be flogging a dead horse. He’s gone and as soon as the right offer comes in he will be off. Unfortunately too much has gone on here and he wants to go back up north.

Back