• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer embargo at Southend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where does that leave Moussa? He looked out of his depth at first. By that rule he should be playing for The Dog And Duck FC in Hornchurch.

God you are a complete misinformed waste of air.

Add Kev Maher to that, he struggled the first few seasons! What do you say to them two then Wiggy?

When were huddersfield interested in Alan Mac?

Think he means Millwall. The slant being from the Millwal camp that they enquired about Macca but were scared off by the initial asking price and that no 'official' offer was made.

Southend view- they came in with offers which were refused.

1 player. 2 Club's stories. You decide!

Yeah but Maher scored a cracker on his debut against Plymouth so Wiggy would class him as a world beater on this new rule.

I don't think that was on his debut IIRC, It was sometime after that. I'm pretty sure I went to his debut away at Burnley.

Looking back though, Kev did have a bad time in his first few years. I rememeber him getting subbed at Darlo, and first there was applause at his substitution, followed by a string of boos as he left the pitch.

Skipped through alot of whats been said but can someone clarify something for me .......this player called embargo, whats he like!

Argentinian, striker, quick, 18, dark hair, tanned skin...

best player I have seen since Phill Neville.

i have no idea if this transfer thing is true or not but it obvious we are in financial trouble.

also heard that gary lockett stepped down as a director because he was unhappy how the club was going financially.

i have no idea if this transfer thing is true or not but it obvious we are in financial trouble.

also heard that gary lockett stepped down as a director because he was unhappy how the club was going financially.

My reliable inside source at the club tells me Lockett stepped down cos so many Southend fans are whinging miserable buggers (fact) (or should that be FACT?)

I think we can close this one for now, since that rumour was offically sloblock.

Folks - whilst I'm as fond of chinese whispers as the next person, you should always ask the question as to why any given rumour might have credence to it before simply posting any old garbage on here.

I'm still on hols in the north of Scotland (*), so haven't had much time to get on here, but as soon as I saw this thread, I doubted it. After all, the deadline for our tax bill is not until 28 October. Why on earth would an embargo be imposed before then?

Think first, people - then post.

Matt

(*Photographic evidence of my current sojourn will be posted by A Century United in due course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back