• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer embargo at Southend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this yesterday but didn't want to be the first to post it.

hmm, are you getting us confused with Crystal Palace who today indeed did get a transfer Embargo placed upon them for failing to make payments to Ipswich for Alan Lees £650k transfer.

didnt we have him on loan at some point?

I am going on what i have been told by a source at the club today, it is not something ive made up or a bizzarre fishing trip as you put it, i got better things to do!!

Hopefully the source aint gonna be right but for someone who works alongside RM i dont see the point in wind ups!!!

That is fine, i'm sure you've noticed the amount of wind ups going on around here lately, plus all of the crap being spouted by Percival and Phillips at The Sun, oops sorry, The Echo which i'm frankly sick of ...

Worrying news IF true, hopefully you are the victim of a malicious rumour !!

Interesting. If we have indeed been given the transfer ban (not saying I doubt you btw) we should get confirmation from the club and other news outlets very soon then... :scared:

To be honest, i have never really known how long it takes for the embargo to be put in place before it becomes public knowledge, especially when set by the FA/League rather than UEFA/FIFA who love to publicise them knocking the English game whenever they can.

Maybe,the whole paying players thing is true and with this rumour not circulating for the first time a player has contacted the PFA who have just gone with the attitude "can't pay players, then we'll make sure you don't sign anyone" and got the embargo put in, players get paid, embargo lifted?

Just out of interest, why IS the club struggling (perceived or otherwise) so much. I know we have large debts, but are they not mainly to Ron's company so they are not going to be calling the debts in other than a last resort. I don't believe our wage bill is going to be huge, we have bigger crowds then a lot of clubs with our 'history', have generated a reasonable amount in transfers and revenue, seem well run with the marketing department etc, are well considered within the community, probably sell decent amount of mercandise compared to clubs with our history..... Is it basically impossible to succeed with a club our size unless someone puts money from their own pockets to bank roll things?

If so I guess that further points to the need for a new stadium, if being well run and frugal with wages is not enough to keep a club going by traditional means and a new stadium is needed to generate the extra revenue....

As far as I am concerned, you are one of the most sensible and informed posters on here, so this adds a lot of weight to the rumour in my eyes...

I have been trying to get it confirmed by the Football League as well for All At Sea but nothing yet.

Dont want to get everyone too moist, but here's a teaser of what will be on the OS later.

0,,10444%7E3199163,00.jpg

Ive heard this too from a reliable sauce. We're really in the brown stuff and will be playing ketchup with the rest of the league when the embargo is lifted.

Ive heard this too from a reliable sauce. We're really in the brown stuff and will be playing ketchup with the rest of the league when the embargo is lifted.

We'll relish the challenge i'm sure, Kerry Mayo will be the first signing when allowed and i'm reliably informed that he's the Daddies

or something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back