• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Embargo, Winding Up Petition & Staff Salary Issues

I often hear it too and as a shareholder I would quite like to see some accounts, which silly me, I believe I should be entitled to, and this would help address issues and offer some clarity

Unfortunately I havent been provided with any accounts for 3 years, this creates as sense of obfuscation, so hardly surprising much can be explained to you

I hear a lot about how much Ron puts in and can see it in action, I hear less about how much Ron takes out, or is charged against the club, and precisely what this is for or how it works, A simple profit and loss update would be timely

I doubt I will ever get to be able to clarify this aspect to inform you unless I could access all the invoices

If your going to point a finger then surely people should be able to back up what they claim. Yet they just use Ron Bingo lines on all these threads.

Remember just recently we have had Ron is going to Jail over VAT fraud because he was obviously guilty. Main sponsors have pulled and club will cease on the 9th of November melt downs. None of them were true.

They were all false claims by people on here

Personally I am fed with Mr Martin full stop. If only we could get rid of him!
I am also disappointed in the small Shrimpers Trust crew who only gvie us fully paid up life members snippets of information with regards to Mr Martin and his affairs within our once great club. We are either a supporters club that holds The Board and particularly the chairman to account without prejudice or favour, or alternatively a committee who Ron Martin has in his pocket and unfortunately dance to his tune.

I'm sorry you feel this way, do feel free to come along to the AGM on Monday where you can address your concerns. I'm not sure what you expect the Trust to do, we're not party to Ron's accounts or his affairs and can only pass on the information which we are given - whether it's stuff we've put pressure on about or not.

For some unfathomable reason, this quote springs to mind every time I read this thread and others like it.

“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

But you would if your plumbers opening line was he knew everything about cars too and he would do his best to sell your car to many willing buyers, then a month later you also ask him (as he’s descaling your shower heads) how he’s getting on in regards to selling the car … and he just shrugs and says lady I’m just the plumber ..

Stan has always said he’d stay clear of finances and the stadium, it’s not within his remit. So I don’t get when things go on that are outside of his remit, people demand answers from him.

Again i say while we are in a playoff push .It would be madness to sell players for cash If by the way we dont make them then in the sunmmer will be another matter .

In principle, I agree, however as I’ve said before everyone has a price.

Let’s make up a figure here.

Hobson’s “transfer fee” is £750k for arguments sake. We may even sell for £700k with additional add ons, sell on clauses etc. forget about his contract etc.

A side pushing for promotion from League Two come in and offer £800k and we say no. Hobson is furious, he has the chance to double or even treble his wages, and potentially go from National League to League One in six months. Our play off charge falters and we have another season in the National League.

Hobson kicks up a stink. He wants out. We turned down his big move, and we didn’t see the job through. He demands to leave. That side who wanted him before go promotion and are looking at better players. Couple of others sniff around, but won’t part with more than £100k. What do we do?

As I said, I’d look to keep this squad together, and in an ideal world we win promotion, RM sorts out the finances, the new stadium is underway, and we have light at the end of the tunnel regarding new owners. However, money talks at the end of the day.

Stan has always said he’d stay clear of finances and the stadium, it’s not within his remit. So I don’t get when things go on that are outside of his remit, people demand answers from him.
Probably because he chose to post a comment on a thread that is explicitly on matters beyond his remit. Martin is never short of a human shield when he needs one, as evidenced by the stream of apologists masquerading as realists who spring to his defence or at best, meekly accept that nothing can be done. No wonder this endless cycle of financial disaster keeps repeating itself over the decades.

So if tax money is not being used to pay wages and wages are not paying the tax bill where's the money going?
Wages are being paid, albeit some, not all are late and some people have agreed to defer wages.

I suspect all monies coming in is going out on the general running of the club, it's just that income isn't enough - like it hasn't been for decades and like it isn't for the vast majority of clubs

Probably because he chose to post a comment on a thread that is explicitly on matters beyond his remit. Martin is never short of a human shield when he needs one, as evidenced by the stream of apologists masquerading as realists who spring to his defence or at best, meekly accept that nothing can be done. No wonder this endless cycle of financial disaster keeps repeating itself over the decades.

But Stan commented after individuals called him out once again.

I'm sorry you feel this way, do feel free to come along to the AGM on Monday where you can address your concerns. I'm not sure what you expect the Trust to do, we're not party to Ron's accounts or his affairs and can only pass on the information which we are given - whether it's stuff we've put pressure on about or not.
You're far too kind as ever Kay. People can't be arsed to read the minutes and then say the Trust keep them in the dark. They won't come to the AGM and then moan about transparency and democracy.
Bit like the people who moan about the stadium and have clearly not looked at the plans and have no idea about it
All this of course doesn't mean Ron's not a **** and should pay people on time

In principle, I agree, however as I’ve said before everyone has a price.

Let’s make up a figure here.

Hobson’s “transfer fee” is £750k for arguments sake. We may even sell for £700k with additional add ons, sell on clauses etc. forget about his contract etc.

A side pushing for promotion from League Two come in and offer £800k and we say no. Hobson is furious, he has the chance to double or even treble his wages, and potentially go from National League to League One in six months. Our play off charge falters and we have another season in the National League.

Hobson kicks up a stink. He wants out. We turned down his big move, and we didn’t see the job through. He demands to leave. That side who wanted him before go promotion and are looking at better players. Couple of others sniff around, but won’t part with more than £100k. What do we do?

As I said, I’d look to keep this squad together, and in an ideal world we win promotion, RM sorts out the finances, the new stadium is underway, and we have light at the end of the tunnel regarding new owners. However, money talks at the end of the day.

You're 100% right but its off topic. This is in the discussion because we may have to ship off assets on the cheap to pay off Ron's created debt.

Last edited:
The worry thing is the silence after yesterday’s event unless I’ve missed something. Would normally mean some very carefully written announcement is being prepared 🤔

Back