• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we start September, just a casual reminder that this month sees us under a transfer embargo for an ENTIRE YEAR!

Whilst that is a Southend United record, is it a record in all football?

Also, worth bearing in mind, this is a registration embargo too. So, we’ve not been able to offer professional contracts to promising youngsters, we’ve not been able to offer new deals to out of contract players, and not been able to extend current first team players contracts.

#MartinOut

Yes but let's remember to some people " it didn't matter we were under a transfer embargo " DOHHHHH

😂

I miss the days like today with the last day of the transfer window and going through the transfer thread in anticipation wether we could get a player over the line before 11pm

I miss the days like today with the last day of the transfer window and going through the transfer thread in anticipation wether we could get a player over the line before 11pm
I don't.
Just switched on to catch up with movements and they're talking about Mo Salah potentially going to Saudia Arabia, for 200mlillion. It's alledged he's been offered a salary of 1.5million a WEEK, and the presenter asks .... don't you feel sorry for him, he's being put in this difficult position?

So damn removed from reality. Bridgey is currently not being paid and we're supposed to feel sorry for a Premier league player earning ridiculous amounts of insane money.

I don't.
Just switched on to catch up with movements and they're talking about Mo Salah potentially going to Saudia Arabia, for 200mlillion. It's alledged he's been offered a salary of 1.5million a WEEK, and the presenter asks .... don't you feel sorry for him, he's being put in this difficult position?

So damn removed from reality. Bridgey is currently not being paid and we're supposed to feel sorry for a Premier league player earning ridiculous amounts of insane money.
It's funny because it's that kind of thing that put me off of Premier League as a kid. Even then I hated the money that was around and the lack of identity the players had with the clubs. It's 100 times worse now. Bang average players being sold for the equivalent of what it would take to build our stadium. Unbelievable.

It's funny because it's that kind of thing that put me off of Premier League as a kid. Even then I hated the money that was around and the lack of identity the players had with the clubs. It's 100 times worse now. Bang average players being sold for the equivalent of what it would take to build our stadium. Unbelievable.
Insane that one week of that 1.5 salary would pay our debts off, save our club, and pay every staff member and player. It's ludicrous.

I was in Waitrose today and over heard a conversation between two people saying that Andre Wisdom was training with us today ? Can any in the knows confirm this ? I thought he had retired. A few years ago after being stabbed ? Was a decent player I thought. Tbh with the embargo wouldn’t really mean anything anyway.

Saw this on twitter - speculation Dackers was training with us in the week.Screenshot_20230908_133653.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like whoever that is was standing next to CP and looks a good foot and a half taller.
How tall is Dackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back