• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

McCallum is someone who was on our target list.

He would be an excellent acquisition but I'm sure a fee of around 75k + would be needed to sign him. I can't see us paying any fees for players any time soon.

And I think a bigger priority is a left footed centre half and an attacking minded midfielder to complete the squad.

I'm not sure the budget will allow for anymore than that.

He would be an excellent acquisition but I'm sure a fee of around 75k + would be needed to sign him. I can't see us paying any fees for players any time soon.

And I think a bigger priority is a left footed centre half and an attacking minded midfielder to complete the squad.

Agree re the centre half, then get Ralph as left wing back.

If we get a centre half he has to be quicker than what we have now, that will be our down fall i fear this season

There have been 20 loan deals to the Nat League alone in the past 17 days. I wonder when we will make another move in this direction. A few more Olayinkas would be handy, 7 was the average number of loanees to the top 12 teams last year

Not necessarily a great budget stretcher either although I except some complications to agreements

Seems pretty easy for other clubs to strengthen this way in the past couple of weeks. We are clearly limited at Centre back, left back?wing ,, especially If Clifford and Ralph unavailable, also midfield attacker desperately needed and maybe one short upfront ?

There have been 20 loan deals to the Nat League alone in the past 17 days. I wonder when we will make another move in this direction. A few more Olayinkas would be handy, 7 was the average number of loanees to the top 12 teams last year

Not necessarily a great budget stretcher either although I except some complications to agreements

Seems pretty easy for other clubs to strengthen this way in the past couple of weeks. We are clearly limited at Centre back, left back?wing ,, especially If Clifford and Ralph unavailable, also midfield attacker desperately needed and maybe one short upfront ?
Now the EFL deadline has passed clubs will know where certain players stand and who they can send out. I would expect we are looking in that direction with more certainty now, especially given the latest injury scare to Ralph.

Now the EFL deadline has passed clubs will know where certain players stand and who they can send out. I would expect we are looking in that direction with more certainty now, especially given the latest injury scare to Ralph.
I dont think you can loan from EFL clubs now can you? I thought their window for taking and sending on loan closed when the transfer window ended. Good if we can

I still think Dennis could be that quick striker we need, i wonder if Ralph is injured whether PB might revert to a 4-3-3- formation or a 4-3-1-2.

I dont think you can loan from EFL clubs now can you? I thought their window for taking and sending on loan closed when the transfer window ended. Good if we can
We sent Kyprianou out to Bromley in October last season, transfer windows relate to the buying club not the selling club.

He WAS a target, he is no longer is a target.

PB still wants a left sided centre half, a centre forward and ideally another winger.

We can still loan/buy players from the Premier League and EFL despite their window closing. It only closes for incomings, not outgoings.

Well, seeing as he's on a month to month deal, this will be considered once the next month is due to be activated (or not).
Yea sorry thats what I meant. Not worth keeping him on - surely from a QPR view too. If he cant get game time at NL level, maybe need to look around somewhere else for him.

Yea sorry thats what I meant. Not worth keeping him on - surely from a QPR view too. If he cant get game time at NL level, maybe need to look around somewhere else for him.
QPR might not necessarily be expecting for him to play that much. Loans out aren't just for game time in some cases but also to be training in a first-team group and see where that takes the player's development rather than an U23 group.

It was poor at the Os......but I'm not sure you could blame him during that **** show.
Other places as well. Sent off for Pompey agains us in 2015....About a minute after coming on as sub. Then attacked the ref or lino and got a 7 game ban

QPR might not necessarily be expecting for him to play that much. Loans out aren't just for game time in some cases but also to be training in a first-team group and see where that takes the player's development rather than an U23 group.
Thats right there is a lot that has to be taken into account for both the loaning and moaned when making these deals. Pb said that we had to speak to QPR as we saw him as an impact sub and wasn’t sure that would suit QPR, so maybe it did and they felt the same and also thought he will be training under an experienced manager with a first team squad.

Thats right there is a lot that has to be taken into account for both the loaning and moaned when making these deals. Pb said that we had to speak to QPR as we saw him as an impact sub and wasn’t sure that would suit QPR, so maybe it did and they felt the same and also thought he will be training under an experienced manager with a first team squad.
Not really good for us to carry a player to get experience around a squad though is it? Great for Kargbo and QPR, not so good when its taking up a squad place for us!

Not really good for us to carry a player to get experience around a squad though is it? Great for Kargbo and QPR, not so good when its taking up a squad place for us!

We aren’t limited by squad size, and we are contributing nothing to his wages, so this isn’t costing us a penny, and who knows, he may pop up with the odd goal or the odd goal comes because of his sheer size.

The terms of the loan were agreed, and PB said publicly what the role he saw for Kargbo was with us, as he did with Dennis. I’d envisage he will be kept on until we can bring in someone else, or someone else sees a bigger role for Kargbo at their club.

Back