• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Transfer Silly Season - Who gets your vote?

Next season is a write-off unless we sign

• Peter Clarke

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Lee Sawyer

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Theo Robinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dorien Dervite

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Ken Hare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Larry Grayson

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reg Martin

No Relation
I think its safe to say that the transfer speculation silly season has been declared well and truly open.
Front runners are already emerging, players who if not signed up now, then even at this early stage the whole of next season can be written off.

Our main problem will be the centre back position as we will only have 1 if Clarkey goes! After that a left winger and a striker

Dervite - or someone like him - is the key. I have never known one player make such a difference to a team apart from Tevez when he was at West Ham

I think we need the following.

1) Left Back
2) x2 Centre backs
3) x2 Wingers
4) A decent striker

Which for my mind is a massive task.

Good thread- the current fetishism of Dervite, Clarke and Robinson masks underlying realities. The perceived 'magical'- or alchemical- qualities of each player are illusory. It's all about teamwork.

def dervite, our away form without him was not good. got to the stage where we had to score 2 or even 3 goals just to get a point.

Back