• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

It seems that discussion of general targets/released players etc is happening across multiple threads.

Here's yet another thread, but maybe a good place to discuss targets and players should look at. Who knows, maybe Phil will have a look!

This isn't to replace threads where there is 'inside info' or a genuine rumour, just a place for general speculation.

I didn't realise Alfie Mawson was out of contract:
http://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/wycombe-eye-permanent-mawson-deal

He's be a genuine improvement on all of our CBs, IMO.

His age would see us need to pay a fee. Him and Bolger as first choice with Prosser, Thompson and Barrett(?) behind would be perfect.

You used to be able to go onto the PFA website and view the official Free Agents list... but I can't seem to do it anymore without needing a login. Is this me or have they actually blocked people from randomly viewing the free agents?

Would be very happy with him, but think we could do with a winger & couple of strikers too.

Jack Dunn was on loan at Cheltenham last season and managed 3 goals in 5 games before getting injured. His contract at Liverpool is up at the end of the season and he could be someone with real potential.

Jason Banton has let his contract run out, only seen him a couple of times this season but thought he was one of their better players in the play-off matches.

Theo Robinson has been released by Doncaster and we all know he has pace with an eye for goal. Could be a great partner for Corr next season.

Would be very happy with him, but think we could do with a winger & couple of strikers too.

Jack Dunn was on loan at Cheltenham last season and managed 3 goals in 5 games before getting injured. His contract at Liverpool is up at the end of the season and he could be someone with real potential.

Jason Banton has let his contract run out, only seen him a couple of times this season but thought he was one of their better players in the play-off matches.

Theo Robinson has been released by Doncaster and we all know he has pace with an eye for goal. Could be a great partner for Corr next season.

Theo Robinson would be a good singing, scored a few on loan at Scunthorpe last season as well. Jason Banton was meant to be highly rated so surprised he is being released...

Agree Mawson would be a good signing but centre back maybe isn't our priority at the moment.. ?

Players I've mentioned elsewhere:
Simon Church (might want a big wage)
Liam McAlinden (left footed, some pace up front)
Luke James (not sure what sort of a fee posh will want)
Elliot Hewitt

Jack Collison, Simon Church, Theo Robinson & Alfie Mawson would all be upgrades.

I think we should also try and sign McLaughlin.

Agree Mawson would be a good signing but centre back maybe isn't our priority at the moment.. ?

Players I've mentioned elsewhere:
Simon Church (might want a big wage)
Liam McAlinden (left footed, some pace up front)
Luke James (not sure what sort of a fee posh will want)
Elliot Hewitt

Became Southend's all time highest top scorer when I signed him on FM. Class class class.

Agree Mawson would be a good signing but centre back maybe isn't our priority at the moment.. ?Players I've mentioned elsewhere:Simon Church (might want a big wage)Liam McAlinden (left footed, some pace up front)Luke James (not sure what sort of a fee posh will want)Elliot Hewitt
Not viewed the other thread but would be very interested to see what is happening with Sam Saunders who was at Wycombe on loan from Brentford.Isn't Kane Ferdinand also available on a free?Personally assuming everyone stayed and signed these new contracts then I would like 3 forwards with a mixture of options i.e pace, size, poacher. An out and out pacey winger and a creative midfielder

Nicky Maynard has been released by Cardiff, I know I'm probably thinking to optimistically, but he would be a great signing for us and I do see him dropping to League 1. Going through a list of Championship players released, and those who will likely drop to League 1 include:

Nick Proschwitz
Craig Mackail-Smith
Jay Emmanual-Thomas
Simon Church
Chris Eagles
Jamie Ward (50/50 if he would)
Martin Paterson
Noel and Stephen Hunt (Have either worked with Brown before?)
Nicky Bailey
Ricardo Fuller
Magaye Gueye
Ben Pringle (again 50/50 to drop a level)
Giles Coke
Jacques Maghoma
Leon Clarke

There are plenty more on there -
https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/championship-released-players-summer-2015/

Nicky Maynard has been released by Cardiff, I know I'm probably thinking to optimistically, but he would be a great signing for us and I do see him dropping to League 1. Going through a list of Championship players released, and those who will likely drop to League 1 include:

Nick Proschwitz
Craig Mackail-Smith
Jay Emmanual-Thomas
Simon Church
Chris Eagles
Martin Paterson
Nicky Bailey
Ricardo Fuller
Magaye Gueye
Giles Coke
Jacques Maghoma
Leon Clarke

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/championship-released-players-summer-2015/

Yes.......................

I think Sam Saunders is excellent. He can really pick a pass and would add something different to what we already have in midfield.

I liked Wycombe's big centre forward on Saturday - I thought he was a real handful - but I know nothing about his goalscoring record.

Nick Proschwitz
Craig Mackail-Smith
Jay Emmanual-Thomas
Simon Church
Chris Eagles
Martin Paterson
Nicky Bailey
Ricardo Fuller
Magaye Gueye
Giles Coke
Jacques Maghoma
Leon Clarke

Yes.......................
He won't drop a level, 3/4 Championship teams interested in him and main reason Bristol City released him was his wages.

I liked Wycombe's big centre forward on Saturday - I thought he was a real handful - but I know nothing about his goalscoring record.
Aaron Holloway, 4 goals in 35 (17 starts, 18 sub appearances) this season, a couple of short loan spells in non-league without any goals before that. Was pretty poor in the one-on-one when he could have put them 2-0 up late on, although Hayes didn't help him much there.

I think Sam Saunders is excellent. He can really pick a pass and would add something different to what we already have in midfield.

I mentioned that at the time (assuming you mean #25 - Holloway). He was a handful

Anthony Grant is supposedly leaving Crewe as his contract expires in the summer, but because his wages are quite high I don't know if he would be consider for a return. Still a good player from what I read.

Anthony Grant is supposedly leaving Crewe as his contract expires in the summer, but because his wages are quite high I don't know if he would be consider for a return. Still a good player from what I read.

I'd have loved him back, but with the contract offer to Deegan I think if we sign another CM it will be of a different mould. We have industrious CM's in abundance, we need that guy who can play a killer ball or take players on.

Back