• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Update

With Revell in the bag it appears another target can now be disounted as Jaime Peters goes from Ipswich to Yeovil.
Of the 3, I started off with this week, only the W.W. lad at Northampton remains possible, although I think this is remote.
The Reading lad was even a shock to me !
However, dont be surprised if we see 2 more coming in today but as for outgoing I dont know!
Having tried to offload carrot top over the past few months there still doesnt appear to be any takers. I shall have to say my prayers a bit louder!
Watch this space

Two more coming in would be great...

We need at least one big, no messing, Centre Half..

Anything else is a bonus

I heard that Dagenham and Redbridge and Shrewsbury have come in for Matt Harrold, but it's the player who doesn't want to leave?

I heard that Dagenham and Redbridge and Shrewsbury have come in for Matt Harrold, but it's the player who doesn't want to leave?

well tell him he'll rot in the reserves and train alone and never even come close to the 1st team squad. that should make his mind up for him

well tell him he'll rot in the reserves and train alone and never even come close to the 1st team squad. that should make his mind up for him

:p

A tad harsh there, JT, although I can detect some tongue being in cheek here ;)

Seriously though, although he's now surplus to requirements if he chooses to stay and fight for his place then we should let him. He may have limited abilities but he's always given his all when he's worn the Southend shirt.

Not exactly fair but looking at our transfer action this window, I have to say that it's difficult to see where he's going to get a look in now. He has done a job for us, albeit not scoring goals, but I think his contribution to the team has been overlooked by many of the fans.

This mornings echo says Tilly is still hoping to bring one more in today.

No clues as to whom but if MSFE says theres two hopefully one will be a centreback.

:p

A tad harsh there, JT, although I can detect some tongue being in cheek here ;)

Seriously though, although he's now surplus to requirements if he chooses to stay and fight for his place then we should let him. He may have limited abilities but he's always given his all when he's worn the Southend shirt.

it was a bit tongue in cheek... but personally I feel it's a bit of a no brainer for Matt. He would probably be on similar wages at daggers as I can't imagine he is on mega-wages here. He is definitely down the pecking order here and I don't really think, for all his huff and puff that he is really a good enough footballer for us. He does have some potential but there is a chance it won't be realised, if i was him i would move down the road and start afresh in L2 where he will definitely be a 1st choice striker

it was a bit tongue in cheek... but personally I feel it's a bit of a no brainer for Matt. He would probably be on similar wages at daggers as I can't imagine he is on mega-wages here. He is definitely down the pecking order here and I don't really think, for all his huff and puff that he is really a good enough footballer for us. He does have some potential but there is a chance it won't be realised, if i was him i would move down the road and start afresh in L2 where he will definitely be a 1st choice striker

We are too light int he striking department to let him go, and if he continues to play like he did against Yeovil, I'm happy for him to stick around as cover for Barnard and Revell.

We are too light int he striking department to let him go, and if he continues to play like he did against Yeovil, I'm happy for him to stick around as cover for Barnard and Revell.

You said Freddy will be here though ? :) (long time to live that one down!)

Barnard and Revell, with Macdonald and Kanu/black as back up seems ok but I agree whilst Harrolds long term future looks to be elsewhere we could use him as a squad player for now.

Its really disappointing to hear comments about rotting in the reserves and how much people want him out when the guy has always put in 100% effort for us.

ok but with a pool of..

barnard
revell
macdonald
AN Other
(Hooper)
Harrold

i still think Harrold is going to be at least 4th choice

There is no question that matt gives at least 100% but his future is not with southend and i can expect him to gone before the window closes.

there is someone at the club who thinks that his future is someone other than here

so lets just wait at see what develop during the day

Alex Pearce has gone to Norwich from Reading on loan... would have been a very useful loanee

There is no question that matt gives at least 100% but his future is not with southend and i can expect him to gone before the window closes.

there is someone at the club who thinks that his future is someone other than here

so lets just wait at see what develop during the day

His future is someone other ?

I knew it , he IS going to be Prince Harry's double isnt he ?

Back