• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Happy new year to you all. May get shot down in flames on this topic but felt it appropriate given the timing.

The Transfer Window for January opens up on the 3rd.

There have been weeks of speculating and debating about who may come in and who may go.

But now we're virtually on the eve of the window maybe now we can make good judgements and debate it constructively rather than the antics shown by the Aldershot supporter on the other thread.

For me I can see at least one of our better players being sold but I believe it won't be Ryan Hall. The trouble with freeing up wages by letting go of many of the youngsters on the periphery of the Squad is that It'll make our Squad threadbare if we have to continously contend with Injuries and suspensions. I don't doubt though a few of these youngsters on the fringes will go.

In addition another reason I can see one of our "better" players going is because we're apparently on top of the wage cap. If the aim is to bring in three or four "good quality" players then one player will have to be sold. As I mention just releasing the fringe young players for me won't free too much up and could make our Squad thin on the ground in terms of numbers.

Hopefully I'm being logical. Your thoughts please.

I think we'll certainly see Timlin and also a striker both coming in for a fee. Very soon after the window opens.

Perhaps another striker and winger in on loan also.

The only ones I could see leaving are perhaps Kane (If the fee is right) and/or Grant. With a possible exit for the likes of Crawford, Asante, Nesbitt, Pato etc if somebody wants them.

Mohsni to go if anyone will buy him.

Grant to go if any bids come in.

Ferdinand to go if any bids come in.

Timlin joins.

Dailly joins on a weekly contract.

2 strikers join, one on loan (not Benson or Boli though).

One wide player to join.

Take the money and run if an offer comes in for Kane, massively over rated imo

Offload Nesbitt, Woodyard, Asante, Crawford & Paterson if we can find any takers.

Sign Timlin and 1, maybe 2 forwards. Obviously wont come cheap.

Please do not sign Christian Dailly.

If the two loan strikers come in maybe Harris realises that he'd be better off elsewhere.

If the two loan strikers come in maybe Harris realises that he'd be better off elsewhere.

But who will take him on a 3 year contract or pay off his 3 year contract!!! Plus he should stay anyway he will prove his value on and off the pitch just needs more time.

What we need to sign is a player/s who will supply chances to Harris's and Dickinson's strengths, that way we will not need to sign more strikers, especially if Barry Corr is on the mend.

I think Hall will be on his way though, he having been on the subs bench for the Aldershot game makes me think this. Plus Ferdinands lack lustre (dont get injured) type performances of late gives me the impression that he is on his way out also.

I also have a nasty feeling that Lee Sawyer will be moved on, either on loan or sold.

Iloveshrimp - Hall being a sub vs Aldershot might mean he's on his way.

It'll be interesting to see what Luggy does at Wimbledon on saturday. I'd expect a recall for Hall what with Dickinson serving a one match suspension.

However if Hall starts as a Sub then maybe iloveshrimp you have a point.

I'm led to believe Hall is staying. This coming from a Board member I spoke to .

Sorry but people saying Kane and Grant to go, we need to keep our best players not sell them. Admittedly a whopping bid for either would be tempting but you dont get promoted if you sell good players in January. We need to get rid of the chuff although this will be harder to do- Pato, Crawford, Asante, Blair (yes Blair) need to be offloaded. We need to plan for League 1 (this is not arrogant but we should be there or thereabouts come May) and look at 1 or 2 quality signings rather than padding the squad out with bench warmers.

I wouldn't have thought this would make much difference ayrshire. Scouts will have followed him for around 6 months now so they'll know all that there is to know about him.

It's not Harris' fault that we aren't playing to his strengths, however even in his current role within this style of play I think he's useful. Not just in his Goater-esque guidance to those younger players around him but also in his off-the-ball movement which creates space for others to run into.

Harris said recently that he desperately wants Corr to get back fit as one of the reasons he joined was that he thought he could play really well off him. I think he's probably right.

Back