• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transformation of Fratton Park

Plan for the east is to replace it rather than extend/remodel. This was mentioned at meet the consortium. And yes it will contain the space that will allegedly bring in non match day revenue.
When I said extended I meant replaced but with it rebuilt so you enter the stand from the car park without having to go down the steps to the car park (section below)

Would generate a bigger space within the main stand and with some good designs could allow for spaces that could be hired our.

1710574169453.png

When I said extended I meant replaced but with it rebuilt so you enter the stand from the car park without having to go down the steps to the car park (section below)
I think the consortium plans to say goodbye to the car park and repurpose it as something else, ie a fanzone or eventually offices / function suites to make the club a 360 day facility.

As enjoyable as this nostalgia of the North Bank is, we've tried on numerous occasions over the years to put home fans back in there, and it's not really worked. In fact, I think the recent survey that was shown at the Cliffs showed fans in general were generally fairly lukewarm to the idea of returning to the North Stand.

If we're going to go back in there, it needs to be standing, either with rail seats or reconverting to a terrace (won't happen). Also it might be an idea to make it attractively priced to younger supporters, of the 18-25 year old demographic. Back in the day when the North Bank was a real cauldron, it was probably distinctly cheaper for the young working class people of Southend-on-Sea to attend.
Just a thought, all the pictures of rail seats that I have seen suggests that the space allotted to each person is no greater than that given to seated spectators (indeed I believe seats can be 'dropped' from the rails to make it a seating area). The allotted space is further restricted by the rails in front and behind.

So, how's the guy with the drum going to manage?

:Smile:

Anyone any ideas on possible capacity in the short term ? If we have a decent couple of seasons we could lose a lot of increased income and support if improvements aren't made . Interesting Sherifs Portsmouth video quoting getting the max out of existing stands

Back