• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Triallist

Mick

Life President
Ipswich youth midfielder Cathal Lordan will be here on trial this week. Lordan scored twice in the first leg of last season's FA Youth Cup final (more than Theo Walcott !!)

The 18-year-old Irishman has already spent a week on trial with Gillingham.

Cathal Lordan, I thought he look good in FA Youth Cup final last season, but its worth a look to see if he is better than what we got in Midfield. Will he play in our reserve game? Iam sure he is better than our last traillist.

Is he an attacking midfielder? It is worth giving him a look in the reserves.

Southend have swooped to hand teenage midfielder Cathal Lordan a trial following his release from Championship outfit Ipswich Town.

The 18-year-old, who made his name by scoring twice in last season's 2-2 draw in the FA Youth Cup final first leg against Southampton, has failed to progress sufficiently to be handed a professional deal by the East Anglia outfit.

Lordan is now free to try and secure a contract elsewhere and the Shrimpers have offered him the opportunity to prove himself at Roots Hall.

The Irish youngster has already failed to win a deal at Gillingham, but will hope for better luck this week when he trains with Steve Tilson's side and features in a reserve-team outing against Northampton on Tuesday.

Source: Eat Sleep Sport

We've also brought in England U20 keeper Jamie Young from Reading on trial. Good to see that the club is not resting on its laurels over the Darryl situation.

I mean, he let in three last weekend...

tounge.gif

Two Triallists in for Tues

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 20 2006,14:15)]We've also brought in England U20 keeper Jamie Young from Reading on trial.  Good to see that the club is not resting on its laurels over the Darryl situation.

I mean, he let in three last weekend...

tounge.gif

Two Triallists in for Tues
...and the words Steve Tilson away on International duty.
biggrin.gif

Excellent idea to be having a look at a keeper IMHO.  If we can find a young one that's any good I'd like to see him on the bench over these final few vital games.  

Obviously if anything did happen to Shorty Flaphavan we'd look to loan in an experienced guy to tide us through, but I hate the idea of him getting injured in the 1st minute of a game and having to possibly give points away by not having a "proper" keeper to call on.  A point here or there and a couple of goals conceded could be absolutely crucial come 4.45pm - 5.00pm on May 6th.  I think that 4 outfield players can do what's required and I'd doubt a Tes the Cat scenario happening again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ Feb. 20 2006,16:05)]To where? The "International" or reserve game?
The "International" Milkey...

I know for a fact Maldon Blue's Dad will be at the reserve game for instance...

Amusing seeing the critics of Flahavan and that was before the United match .. oh what I’d give for a keeper like Flavs now.

Don't mean to be a killjoy but can these threads from yesteryear about past trialists not be moved to ex-shrimpers?

I keep thinking we've got someone in on trial!!

Back