• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Why is there so little talk about the trouble outside the ground at BRENTFORD.
Was it the moronic boys from the NB ?
Any one from this board know more about what went on ?
What with our security being heavy handed with away fans and now this, we will be getting an unwanted rep.
Anybody??

Personally did not see or hear anything but we did arrive at the ground quite early for us.
On the way out I di think it was a little strange that there were at least 4 police dogs waiting outside and I did hear there was some trouble prior to Ko

Like I said on the match thread, The Big Shrimp reported he'd seen trouble outside the ground, and trouble that made him embarrassed to be a Southend supporter.

Doesn't take a genius to know that there's a group of **** who follow us... Like last time we played Orient, there was trouble outside the back of North Bank on the main road... Just got to deal with it sadly... :sad:

I mentioned it whilst commenting on a thread about the best goalkeeping display.

It was about 5 minutes or so before the ko and a load of hoodlums started charging at each other and fighting at the away supporters end of the stadium! Cars were jumped on and over to get at the opposition. Glasses were lobbed (empty and full) although I'm not sure wether they were plastic or not.

It was utterly shameful and tbh I and others nearby seriously considered not even going in the ground. The result even felt irrelevant given what we had witnessed!

I and others have even decided not to go to the Brisbane Road JPT game as it is quite likely these scumbags will show up again there.

It's certainly not the kind of vermin I want my club to be associated with!

I mentioned it whilst commenting on a thread about the best goalkeeping display.

It was about 5 minutes or so before the ko and a load of hoodlums started charging at each other and fighting at the away supporters end of the stadium! Cars were jumped on and over to get at the opposition. Glasses were lobbed (empty and full) although I'm not sure wether they were plastic or not.

It was utterly shameful and tbh I and others nearby seriously considered not even going in the ground. The result even felt irrelevant given what we had witnessed!

I and others have even decided not to go to the Brisbane Road JPT game as it is quite likely these scumbags will show up again there.

It's certainly not the kind of vermin I want my club to be associated with!
A few morons aren't a reason to stop supporting the team

Like I said on the match thread, The Big Shrimp reported he'd seen trouble outside the ground, and trouble that made him embarrassed to be a Southend supporter.

The Big Shrimp makes me more embarrassed to be a Southend supporter than a few lads having a scuffle. Grow up.

When you see the posts from the illiterate Brentford mug on the 'karma' thread, it makes me want to throw a glass at somebody.

but we've got no beef with Brentford and they've no beef with us, so why?

I think there has been trouble between us and Brentford in the past. Wasn't there a lot of trouble when we played them in the LDV Vans south final in 2001 and one of their fans was stabbed? This was a big away game on a Tuesday night in London, always going to attract a few troublemakers.

What on Earth posesses people to do such things? Even against rivals like Col U and Orient, that's excessive, but we've got no beef with Brentford and they've no beef with us, so why? Some people amaze me with their stupidity...
There is huuuuge "beef" between Southend and Brentford. Not Col Ewe or Orient levels. But Brentford are probably on a par with Brighton in the "beef" steaks. See what I did there?

There is huuuuge "beef" between Southend and Brentford. Not Col Ewe or Orient levels. But Brentford are probably on a par with Brighton in the "beef" steaks. See what I did there?

Wouldn't want to meat anyone with huuuuuge beef. See what I ​did there?

I heard There was trouble outside the railway after the home leg, so not surprised there was some trouble at there place.

Doesn't bother me, surely it would be more embarrassing if their fans turned up for a scrap and no Southend fans did and we became some sort of laughing stock? Don't get me wrong I'm not a fighting man at all, but respect goes along way with supporters of clubs

I heard There was trouble outside the railway after the home leg, so not surprised there was some trouble at there place.

Doesn't bother me, surely it would be more embarrassing if their fans turned up for a scrap and no Southend fans did and we became some sort of laughing stock? Don't get me wrong I'm not a fighting man at all, but respect goes along way with supporters of clubs

It would be more fun if their fans turned up for a scrap to be met with 200 screaming grannies demanding the re-opening of the Brentford Nylon shop in the London Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back