• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

True Blue Ultra Group - In or Out?

Ultra's Group - In or Out?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, following on from the announcement of intent earlier, to start up a new SUFC Ultra's Group, would you be willing to join and part with a few quid per month to help improve the matchday experience for years to come?

Last edited:
I'll be in... Think if we can get this organised, Fossett's Farm could be an excellent place to go for a great atmosphere. If we can reproduce the efforts of us at Southampton away last season it'd be fantastic

Hope i would not be the first No.

I go in the family stand so have the wife and 2 kids to think about. But it is a great idea.

Hope i would not be the first No.

I go in the family stand so have the wife and 2 kids to think about. But it is a great idea.

That's fair enough, but the idea is to get more families and kids involved in this, so everyone feels part of the club.

This isn't a collective of ****ed up 20 somethings looking to cause trouble, this is going to be a group of die hard, vocal and loyal SUFC supporters that want to make the matchday experience non forgettable, week in, week out, regardless of age etc.

This isn't a collective of ****ed up 20 somethings looking to cause trouble, this is going to be a group of die hard, vocal and loyal SUFC supporters that want to make the matchday experience non forgettable, week in, week out, regardless of age etc.

I gathered that from your first post about this earlier mate, but I not sure others might have done, so you're right it's definitely worth repeating that this is all about support & devotion to the team, not a bunch of wannabe Burberry boys looking to start a fight with whoever in defence of Southend.

Which, possibly is what I was alluding to in the other thread regarding suggested names and perhaps why words like "army" & "loyals", probably should be avoided!

I gathered that from your first post about this earlier mate, but I not sure others might have done, so you're right it's definitely worth repeating that this is all about support & devotion to the team, not a bunch of wannabe Burberry boys looking to start a fight with whoever in defence of Southend.

Which, possibly is what I was alluding to in the other thread regarding suggested names and perhaps why words like "army" & "loyals", probably should be avoided!

Yep agreed entirely.

This point will be made a lot clearer by means of a mission statement in the near future....

I still think True Blue is the best name so far...I'm sure Scott will agree!

This point will be made a lot clearer by means of a mission statement in the near future....

I still think True Blue is the best name so far...I'm sure Scott will agree!

Yep, that or even True Blue Ultras sounds good to me!

Definately. Really good idea.

As said before, it should be about everyone who wants to create that special atmosphere to support our team.

For the Shrimpers; By the Shrimpers.

well i cant make every game but i have a drum and a trumpet ! any thoughts on the rugby as every time they re started there was a fan fare and everbody cheered....would love to have something like that......

well i cant make every game but i have a drum and a trumpet ! any thoughts on the rugby as every time they re started there was a fan fare and everbody cheered....would love to have something like that......

Im so pleased someone else has said this!

I loved that noise, they done it and 2 different pitches just before kick off!

OLLLLEEEEEEEEE

This exactly the sort of thing me and mates have spoken about for years (and done nothing about) . i couldn't agree more with the whole sentiment behind it all and if sopmeone can grasp the horns and make things progress I know loads of people who would back it . £1 a month is fine with, lots of other traditionla money-raising methods could be used in the earluy days to get the majority of initiatives off the ground .

The Spread Eagle could be an appropriate place for offering merchandise, songsheets , newsletters etc if the club is reluctant to get too involved at first ?

I'm not sure I like the title "Ultra's", seems an embarrassing attempt to copy the fanatical Italian groups who not only supply sound and colour but also organise violence and hold extreme right wing views.

However the "singing section" at Wembley as been a success, resulting in atmosphere far better than at the old Wembley, so I'm all for a section of Fossets Farm being allocated to an organised group of vocal and colourful supporters.

And if my old man isn't coming along I may even sit in it and contribute! But I will never call myself an "Ultra"!

Back