• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly great albums

I always loved Its a Shame about Ray. Superb album. Apart from Hannah and Gabi.

That's spooky. I was just thinking about that very same album. Love how all the tracks are so short. Get in there, dish out 13 songs, get out again.

Not sure there's a track on there that I don't like.

All Mod Cons (The Jam) is a cracker.

That's spooky. I was just thinking about that very same album. Love how all the tracks are so short. Get in there, dish out 13 songs, get out again.

Nah, I love The Jam but Mr Clean is an instant fast forward.

Hannah and Gabi is still very good, just not superb. Frank Mills, My Drug Buddy, Mrs Robinson, Bit Part - outstanding songs.

Oooh, All Mod Cons. Excellent call. Love In the Crowd. And Down in the Tube Station at Midnight is perfect. "smelt of pubs and wormwood scrubs"

To my ear a truly great album will have me transfixed from start to finish. So with that in mind......

Script for a Jesters Tear - Marillion
Setting Sons - The Jam
Led Zepplin IV - Led Zepplin
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Meat is Murder - The Smiths

I saw them at ATP @ Camber Sands, a few years ago, I'm not sure but I think they did have the saw then.

I'll be honest, never heard any Replacements stuff, although I am aware them. Should I investigate?

some more suggestions...
Mansun - Attack of the Grey Lantern
Fugazi - Repeater
John Coltrane - Blue Train & A Love Supreme
Love - Forever Changes
Godspeed You! Black Emporer - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

GY!BE first album in a decade announced today, woo-hoo!

I got into The Replacements and that whole '80s indy/college rock genre as a result of hearing Brian Fallon say the Gaslight Anthem were really influenced by them.

Let It Be is definitely the pinnacle of their stuff - almost seminal. Later albums like 'Tim' have some great songs but are not as consistent. Would certainly recommend a listen though.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

or Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd. Incidentally the last album my late Great Uncle produced for Pink Floyd.

Drastic™;1442479 said:
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication

Nah. Maybe Paul's Boutique, but there's some duff stuff on there.

If we're talking hip-hop, then:

Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II Pharcyde
Tribe called Quest - Low End Theory

Back