• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Do you believe that the shrimpers trust are asking the difficult questions of the club and are really holding the club to account? Or do we have a situation where the trust panders to the clubs every tune?

Genuine debate we don't need a slagging match

Everything does not need to be a war..in the end we are all in it together on the same side. I think intentions are good on all sides...in the end because we care it becomes fraught sometimes but I look around in the leagues and there are a fair few that would swap

The club will only answer the questions they want to answer. The number 1 question for some time has been about the stadium, but if the club don't want to answer questions due to their sensitive nature then they won't.

I'm sure if the club came out and said something like "We are in talks with X about financing the stadium" or "We've spoken to Y about the possibility of them having a Hotel with the West stand" some will moan that it isn't news and that we've potentially ruined any deal.

Jeez, it's Friday night pre the most important match of our season so far. Can't we shelve this until we know our destiny?

The Trusts motto is "To help not hinder" isn't it?

And whilst I'm sure there are many people who want the club to answer all the difficult questions, they can't because some are commercially sensitive and some are just no-one else's business.

I'm not sure what getting any answers is going to achieve in any case. Firstly, if the answers aren't what people are expecting to hear, then they won't believe them. If the club took the Trust in confidence over certain issues then they couldn't be declared anyway, and if there really was some awful responses from RM (which I'm sure many would love to hear so they could say "Told you!") then what is anyone actually going to do with the information anyway?

Things are rosier than they have been for a while, let's enjoy it and just keep the excellent support going that was evident against Newport, Exeter and Bury.

COYB

To have any use or purpose the trust needs to have a close working association with the club. Antagonising the hierarchy is not going to get them anywhere. The trust are fans first and not the enemy. Small, assured victories are better than nothing.

We have been over this many times before, Ive made my thoughts clear in the past, when times are dire the Trust need to do more and to be more out in front.

Im not sure of the timing of this thread though, what is it they should be doing and in response to what?

The club, as far as we see it, is in a stable position, wages have been paid regularly for sometime and there is news of movement on the stadium.

Ron isnt going to divulge anything more so not sure what people would expect the Trust to be doing now?

Scott, what is your constant gripe with the club. We've had nothing short of a fantastic season, yet your personal vendetta against Ron is still rumbling. Yes the stadium is taking longer than we all hoped... by some years... but we've had a financial crash, property crash, we've had relegations... yet we are still here, we are still in existence... and we are on the cusp of finishing the season on a real high... we are starting to get back to a good financial keel, the crowds are up and the results are right... so if Ron is ruining our club then bloody hell then I think your expectations of this man surpass God!.

The stadium is a commercial property and I can see why it is hard for Ron is divulge in a lot of information in relation to this. First and foremost, if you start going on about how much things cost, who your doing business with ect... you can end up pushing prices up to those wanting to supply you. Just like purchasing a house... a lot of information has to be kept private and confidential.

I'm not saying everything is a bed of roses, but we've had it a hell of a lot better than some clubs and for Ron to still be at the Club with all the lows and not looked for a quick sell-up and get out clause shows he is committed to both the club and new stadium.

We've had a hell of a roller coaster over the past 10 years and I truly believe that we are on the way back up for another ride!

Why do the trust fund it so hard to debate this though? I don't question any intentions just the execution

Did the trust kick your cat? Weren't you a part of them at one point?

Back