• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Turner to cherish his two-year spell with the Shrimpers

Thanks Michael we've been lucky to have you these past two years. Thanks for your commitment, honesty and effort and all the very best for the future!

Best for both parties that Turner moves on this summer. But he’s been a model pro, was absolutely outstanding in his first season and still gave us his best last year. Been a decent servant for us I think and wish him well for the future.

I wish you well for the future Michael Turner and genuinely hope you find another pro club to continue your love affair with football. You showed me some pure class defending at times which reminded me why you played at the highest level. On your travels you may want to give thanks to Ben Clarkson for the way he got you battle ready again.

Echo what's been said,probably a season too much but certainly could read the game.
My one critism is not vocal enough.
Wish you well.

I always felt Turner was over criticised on here. He looked much better when he had a player to mark and a 'sweeper' behind him. Yes he looked slow chasing that ball back v Wimbledon but the fact it was him and not say Taylor Moore doing the covering was the main reason Pigott nipped in and scored.

Done a real good job on Tom Eaves on the last 3 times we played them. How vital were 6 points from Gills last season. When we beat them 4-0 it was Turner who lost his marker (Eaves) from a corner to set us on our way.

He mentioned the Scunthorpe game where he got the vital last minute winner and he also set up a great next home game when he scored very earlier v Wigan.....They never recovered from that.

The away match at Posh which was in-between those two games, Turner had the best 45 minutes I have seen in a Southend shirt for the last 10 years?. He was outstanding in the second half and up against the leading L1 goal scorer Marriott at the time.......At least CP and us fans could enjoy the rest of the season after that.

In his last game he was up for it v Sunderland and won his first few headers. When he lunged in front of his man and the ball flew into the West to some jeers. Who cares, at least Sunderland weren't having an easy day with easy passes into their forwards. We needed that from players and the whole team and fans alike responded. The only downside next season is we now have to drive the extra few mile to Ipswich instead of stopping at the Care in the Community Stadium.

Last edited:
Back