• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done PB Jake Cassidy a good signing I feel. lets hope AB is the second signing today and that they both start on Saturday

As a Tranmere fan thought I would give you a view on Jake,

He is a real confidence player, when he had confidence he was on fire and he was undroppable and that was at league one level when we struggled he struggled but then again he was not getting service

If he gets an early goal for you and you get balls into the box he is easily a 1 in 2 game striker at this level

I would swap him for any striker we have at Tranmere at the moment

Honestly feel he will get you the goals for promotion as long as you get the ball into him

He is a real confidence player, when he had confidence he was on fire and he was undroppable and that was at league one level when we struggled he struggled but then again he was not getting service

If he gets an early goal for you and you get balls into the box he is easily a 1 in 2 game striker at this level

Honestly feel he will get you the goals for promotion as long as you get the ball into him

Oh well, never mind!

Who set up the first goal? He looks immense!

I was just thinking that I'd rather have him tbh.

Kind of need to see more than a header into an empty net and a defender putting the ball on a plate to him. Very similar to the goals Barnard scored in his first two games at Stevenage circumstantially.

That being said, happy to have another striker in the mix and will back anyone in a Southend shirt

The fans want to know whats happening. I'd rather he said nothing than lie as it's now become the boy who cried wolf and you just believe the opposite of everything the moron says

Let's risk scuppering deals because you are impatient. Great idea.

I was just thinking that I'd rather have him tbh.

Kind of need to see more than a header into an empty net and a defender putting the ball on a plate to him. Very similar to the goals Barnard scored in his first two games at Stevenage circumstantially.

That being said, happy to have another striker in the mix and will back anyone in a Southend shirt

We had him on trial and Tilly said he wasnt good enough I'm sure?

Check the stats, we do always create plenty of chances, more so than the opposition.

Its how many we create for the strikers remains to be seen.

I guess it's how the term 'chance' is defined? If a long throw into the box constitutes as a chance then we'll be racking them up in the second half of games. I guess that the lack of goals over the past month make it seem that chances are few and far between.

We seem to create a lot of chances every game we just don't take them, we need a clinical finisher

In my opinion what we need is a striker who gets into good positions in respect to deliveries from wide areas. Corr is hardly ever in and around the six-yard-box where we need him. I do believe that's down to PB's instructions though and not Corr himself who has done a good job this season in the role he's presumably been given.

I do feel Cassidy will get goals in this team if PB plays him in the right way.

sounds just like the sort of forward we need at roots hall as he will love the chances he will get while here, it's the only thing we miss at moment, someone to stick the ball in the net from all the chances the team make:smile:

Back