• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Type 2 Diabetes

My dad has just been diagnosed, as long as you get the correct medication it's controllable.

This is a good site to get info from:

Diabetes

Scott are you just dropping a medical book on the floor to see what page it falls on?

Diabetes is more of a lifestyle change than anything else. If you can change your lifestyle and stick to the advice given to you by the experts then life will be ok. My mother has Type 1 - insulin injections and has had it since her mid 30s, injecting twice a day. she is now 69years old and still going strong.

Type 2 is mainly dietary control and tablets however if you ignore the advice, you can end up with type 1 or worse.

Scott are you just dropping a medical book on the floor to see what page it falls on?

Diabetes is more of a lifestyle change than anything else. If you can change your lifestyle and stick to the advice given to you by the experts then life will be ok. My mother has Type 1 - insulin injections and has had it since her mid 30s, injecting twice a day. she is now 69years old and still going strong.

Type 2 is mainly dietary control and tablets however if you ignore the advice, you can end up with type 1 or worse.

Thanks mate, no reason was that I been feeling very tired lately and going to the toilet more frequent which I know are symptoms so I gave a urine sample to doctors this morning who said there is glucose in it, so I got to go have my finger pricked tomorrow to test proper

Thanks mate, no reason was that I been feeling very tired lately and going to the toilet more frequent which I know are symptoms so I gave a urine sample to doctors this morning who said there is glucose in it, so I got to go have my finger pricked tomorrow to test proper

As long as you don't have your prick fingered.

Seriously though Scott, as BC says type 2 Diabetes is about lifestyle change. About 18 months ago I was over 20 stones, blood pressure off the richter scale and blood sugar reading at 6.2 which is type 2 diabetes territory. To be honest I was about to diet in the last chance saloon, I losst over 8 stones, my BP is normal, my cholestorol lower than a snakes bollocks, and blood sugar at 4.3 on my last reading.

Nobody can tell you what to do mate, it's up to you to make the decisions to change your lifestyle. Good luck mate.

Strange he didnt do it right away as it only takes secounds,ive had type one for 13 years but type 2 is for poofs so take care or you WILL suffer,people will tell you that and you will ignore it but it is true.

You're not having much luck medically at the moment are you? How's the other matter?

From what I know about diabetes, I can only back up what others are saying, that it's all about lifestyle changes - best of luck!

Also toot is often cut with glucose.
A brief summary for you of diabetes.
Your pancreas puts insulin in to your body when you need it thus turning sugar into energy,if the little fecker stops working then your body works extra hard to turn the sugar to energy thus you get thirsty because of the extra work your bod is doing,so you drink loads and then of course pee loads and because your body is going hell for leather you feel tired.
I was like this for about 5 years and it was a relief to find out why i was sleeping for 20 hours a day.
If you dont get it under control what can you look forward to,well
lots of fun.
any questions,just ask

sounds like its all over mate.. if you ask me.

Back