• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

u23s v Exeter today

So when Maher on the touch line we go 1-0 up

When Kevin Bond joins him on the touch line we concede another 2 goals, I can see a sequence here.

Adam Crowther. one of today's trialists. Taken from article on 21st March 2018.
Adam Crowther got one step closer to his dream of becoming a professional footballer by making his international debut for the under-18 England Schoolboys team.
The 17-year-old Bishop’s Stortford High School student played in the centre of defence for the entire game against the Republic of Ireland at Luton Town’s Kenilworth Stadium last Friday evening. It ended 0-0.

It was part of the Centenary Shield, an annual under-18 tournament held between the countries of the British Isles, with England and Northern Ireland both hosting matches this year.

The team selection was announced on the morning of the match. Crowther said: “When they were reading out the names for the starting line-up, there was a pause after naming the other centre back. I was over the moon when he finally said my name.”

Crowther, who lives in Heath Row, Bishop’s Stortford, with dad Mark, mum Joanne and brother Matthew, who is in Year 8 at TBSHS, was positive about his performance: “It was a good experience for me and I’m happy with the way I played.

“The team had a good game, with a stronger second half. The Republic of Ireland team are good and had already got a game under their belt. I think we’ve got a very good chance in this tournament.”

Crowther, who is completing his A levels in PE, biology and maths, had the support of much of his family at the game: “It was the biggest crowd I’ve ever played in front of. Still, I could hear Mum and Dad during some parts of the game. Both my grandparents, my brother, cousins and friends all came. It was great to have that support and them see my international debut.”

Crowther played all 90 minutes, including the four minutes of added time, which were partly due to an 88th-minute injury to his nose and eye: “My teammate caught me. I’ve got a black eye now and it gave me a bloody nose at the time.”

Crowther plays his league football locally for Real Stortford Swifts and for Hertfordshire’s school team.

The next game for the England schoolboys is at York City’s Bootham Crescent ground, against Scotland on Friday (Mar 23). “The team is announced on the morning of the game, after training. I think I played well enough to get another start and hopefully we can get a solid win and progress well in the competition. I’m really enjoying this whole experience and I hope I continue to perform to the best of my abilities.”

They certainly didn’t.

Indeed. I suspect it will be quite a while before any of them grace the first team.

Ba started off well with a tidy finish to open the scoring and faded badly. Rush looked lively when he came on. Smith couldn't do much about the goals. First one a fluke second one from very close range. That's it.

Indeed. I suspect it will be quite a while before any of them grace the first team.

Ba started off well with a tidy finish to open the scoring and faded badly. .

He must have been here for nigh on 2 years now, yet hasn't even made the bench, even when our injury list was at it's worse.
Is he a genuine prospect for the future, or another one who will be let go in a few weeks time?.

He must have been here for nigh on 2 years now, yet hasn't even made the bench, even when our injury list was at it's worse.
Is he a genuine prospect for the future, or another one who will be let go in a few weeks time?.
Non-league beckons.

Back