• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UEFA Nations League: Spain v England

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
I've only been able to listen to some of this on the radio but it's been sounding like a very exciting game … backs to the wall during this second-half but delighted that Sterling's finally scored after so long goalless for England and hoping that we can pick up three valuable points. Just a few minutes of extra time to go. Looking forward to seeing the highlights on terrestrial soon.

Last edited:
Rode our luck a bit in the second half, and Spain could argue that a couple of decisions didn't go their way, just as we could have at Wembley. Two good sides, and on aggregate, a draw. Probably a fair result. Especially as we win on away goals :Smile:

Good 2-3 win away from home in Spain, could be very important if we end up level with Spain on points in Group A4, we would go above them on Head to Head. :Clap:

You just never know what this England side are going to do. Great result tonight.

Didn't see this on the highlights but a booking seemed a tad harsh >

Last edited:
It isn't a booking IMO but it is a brainless tackle, to go in like that when all you are ever going to achieve is giving them a goalkick is the kind of thing you'd expect from under 11s

It isn't a booking IMO but it is a brainless tackle, to go in like that when all you are ever going to achieve is giving them a goalkick is the kind of thing you'd expect from under 11s
Why would it be a "a goalkick" to them, surely it would be a "corner" to them? :Smile:

First off ,I thought it was a disgrace that this game wasn't shown on terrestial TV in the UK (as it was in Spain.Incidentally,the Croatia game was also shown live on Spanish TV).

Second,a wonderful first half performance by England, who attacked on the counter with speed,verve and some wonderful finishing, plus 2 great assists.

Third,in the second half England were clearly on the ropes.Can't help wondering if Pickford's rugby challenge in the box had been penalised and England conceeded from the subsequent pen.whether they would have held on from the 70th minute.As it was Spain's inevitable second goal came far too late to affect the result.

I've no problem whatsoever with Ramos being on the receiving end of a strong but fair tackle.....whichever end of the pitch...certainly don't see it as brainless. Where did the ref find
the 7 minutes of added-on time ?

Did you watch the game? it was on Ramos in their box. Makes you wonder what he is thinking, doesn't it?

I thought there was an international amnesty on kicking Ramos up in the air?

Next you'll be suggesting it's wrong to give Neymar something to dive about.

If there was a "brainless tackle" in the game I thought it was Maguire's late challenge (sorry can't remember on who) which got him a booking but would have earnt him a sending off from another ref.

Last edited:
First off ,I thought it was a disgrace that this game wasn't shown on terrestial TV in the UK (as it was in Spain.Incidentally,the Croatia game was also shown live on Spanish TV).

Second,a wonderful first half performance by England, who attacked on the counter with speed,verve and some wonderful finishing, plus 2 great assists.

Third,in the second half England were clearly on the ropes.Can't help wondering if Pickford's rugby challenge in the box had been penalised and England conceeded from the subsequent pen.whether they would have held on from the 70th minute.As it was Spain's inevitable second goal came far too late to affect the result.

Barnas,Franco,Enrique ingesias,Cortez,Felipe V1 of Spain your boys took a hell of a beating.

Barnas,Franco,Enrique ingesias,Cortez,Felipe V1 of Spain your boys took a hell of a beating.

First of all,they're not "my boys."

Second,as I explained in post 14,Spain nearly got a point which I don't think they would have really deserved, based on England's first half performance.

Third,if Spain win away at Croatia in November they'll top the group.

Back