• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UK Birth rate at highest in Europe.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
I am sure the figures for this are correct but how is this happening?(no biological details required folks)
I know of few people with 2+ kids, mostly with 1 or none; yet schools are full.
Where and to who are these children being birthed?
Is anyone on here a 5 times parent?

Majority of my social circle have 2 kids.

1 family with 3. A few couples without but they are in the minority.

Maybe Im a little older than you though (43).

Just because the rate is highest in Europe, doesn't mean it isn't low, or isn't falling. I'd be surprised if families were bigger than 10/20 years ago.

My boss is one of 8 children. My bosses boss has 5 kids. Most other people I know have 2, sometimes 3 kids. Don't know any other big families

My dad was one of 13, however my mum was an only child and they were of the same generation.

Most parents I know have 2 or 3 kids, though one guy I used to work with had 8.

I have no idea what this means :winking:

I know plenty of people choosing to have 3, both now and adults who are one of 3. Don't personally know many families bigger than that, but we certainly have families at school with 4 or 5 children - out of choice and the same set of parents. I appreciate that families separate and people go on to have new families with new partners and that is part of the problem.

I know plenty of people choosing to have 3, both now and adults who are one of 3. Don't personally know many families bigger than that, but we certainly have families at school with 4 or 5 children - out of choice and the same set of parents. I appreciate that families separate and people go on to have new families with new partners and that is part of the problem.

hang the *****.

I'm sure if you were a few years younger, maybe you & Kev would want your own? Bit harsh to call it a "problem".

chsuktfrs_tcm77-237188.png

Oh dear, I fear that people - namely the usual suspects - have jumped on my comment there rather than the actual meaning behind it. In referring to it as "problem", I'm talking in relation to the point being raised in the opening post, which is being discussed as a "problem".

If people want to have kids with new partners, then they should, as long as they can afford to, and that's what it all boils down to. If you can't afford it, then don't do it.

Paul, if we were younger, you'd probably be right.

Science is a wonderful thing :winking:

Listen mate, at 50, I have no desire to be at the beck and call of a baby 24/7 - teenagers are bad enough! Plus with a grandchild now I get to enjoy the good bits and gloss over the bad!

Naps, you've taken a comment and dissected it to suit your reply. Who said anything about luxuries and purchases. Many couples struggle to financially keep and look after themselves but still go on to have one or two kids. If you can't independently finance the upkeep and growth of a baby/child you shouldn't be having one. Simple.

Naps, you've taken a comment and dissected it to suit your reply. Who said anything about luxuries and purchases. Many couples struggle to financially keep and look after themselves but still go on to have one or two kids. If you can't independently finance the upkeep and growth of a baby/child you shouldn't be having one. Simple.

Come on, this is North Korea politics.

I agree and disagree with you on this, finances and having kids is always a balance. we only had the two; and it was/is a struggle but more money would have possible not given us the quality of experiences we have.......and might have been 3/4 children.........or divorce.
Money doesn't make happiness but it might make it easier at times.

And we wouldn't have had the two if we couldn't have stretchhhheeeeddd to it.
It is the people who want it easy without the work/commitment & love who I object to.

And if the woman falls accidently pregnant? A woman being forced into an abortion due to financial restrictions is a very dubious area.

We have Child Benefit and working tax credits to assist, plus the family can rally round when nursery costs are restrictive and a lot of companies, such as my own, allow flexible working.

I agree with Naps, my daughter hasn't got a ton of toys or designer clothes but she's a happy kid as mummy & daddy spend lots of time with her.

Back