• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UK graduation rates fall

Graduation was devalued as soon as polys began offering degrees in Media Studies, Leisure & Tourism and Event Management whilst deeming 3 E's at A-Level as suitable for entry..

Amended...

Although I'd also put a considerable amount of this on just how much suitable learning you actually achieve on these courses, coupled with the increasing financial aspect of University. In Holland, courses are more pro-active, allowing you to learn more with "on-the-job" training with the added bonus of being paid... Over here, it's more or less "Sit down, look at the Powerpoint, there's an exam in 4 months."

Perhaps you may have picked up a modicum of intellectual rigour if you had attended a proper university.

Ha! :D I did later when I picked up my MA from The Institute of Education,London University in the early 90's.I see UCL were trounced on University Challenge last night though.:thumbdown:
BTW,there's a grammatical difference between may and might which you seem to be unaware of.:)

Are you implying that you went to an Oxbridge college like my younger brother and fellow Highfield College+WHSB alumni (not Shrimpero,the other one)? :unsure:

No, I'm implying you went to a craphole at the other end of the educational spectrum from Oxbridge, whilst I went somewhere better.

No, I'm implying you went to a craphole at the other end of the educational spectrum from Oxbridge, whilst I went somewhere better.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us with the name of this august institution and the year in which you graduated(not to mention your degree subject)so as a more objective assessment could be made?:unsure:
BTW,I think you'll find that UCL has one of the finest academic reputations in the UK.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us with the name of this august institution and the year in which you graduated(not to mention your degree subject)so as a more objective assessment could be made?:unsure:
BTW,I think you'll find that UCL has one of the finest academic reputations in the UK.

Why don't you exercise your tiny mind and have a guess?

Back