• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
Charlton’s U18s enjoyed a thumping 13-1 friendly victory over Southend United at Sparrows Lane on Tuesday afternoon.

Seven of the Addicks’ goals came in the first half with Alex Willis opening the floodgates after just five minutes when he headed home Albie Morgan’s free-kick delivery.

The Shrimpers, who came into the match off the back of a 10-game unbeaten run, drew level four minutes later when the visiting number 12 was adjudged to have been shoved in the box, leaving the forward to score the resulting penalty, but parity would not last long. .....

Doesn't sound like Nathan Bishop's recent training with Spurs has paid dividends then. :sad:

Oh well at good things come to an end, 10 matches unbeaten is a decent record though. Not been a good week all in all, didn't our other U21 youth lose to Col Ewe yesterday?

Slightly off topic, but I remember reading CP tweets on th squad line up & he mentioned TWO "Cottons".. I'm aware of Nico, but who is the other one? are they related or just a coincidence?

Last edited:
We lost 13-1 in the playground with a tennis ball. Sounds like it was a typical under-18's. Plus apparently Charlton had rush-goalie.

Slightly off topic, but I remember reading CP tweets on th squad line up & he mentioned TWO "Cottons".. I'm aware of Nico, but who is the other one? are they related or just a coincidence?

Too much Cotton picking for my liking! :stunned:

...they should never have put Dot in goal ! No wonder we conceded 13

It's not unique.

In the early days of Supporters Clubs match we lost 13-0 to Charlton Supporters. I was in goal. I had thirteen shots, and didn't save any of them. Some young lad (about 10) was taking the ****, so with a few moments to go I gave him my (unused) gloves. He had one shot and saved it. Fortunately, that abhoration has been forgotten, mainly because of the Plymouth incident.....

It's not unique.

In the early days of Supporters Clubs match we lost 13-0 to Charlton Supporters. I was in goal. I had thirteen shots, and didn't save any of them. Some young lad (about 10) was taking the ****, so with a few moments to go I gave him my (unused) gloves. He had one shot and saved it. Fortunately, that abhoration has been forgotten, mainly because of the Plymouth incident.....

That incident that will be your epitaph??!!:hilarious:

It's not unique.

a few years later and the same team who lost 13-0 won the national supporters cup two years running. (albeit with a few ringers)

It's not unique.

Remember it well. I hit a half volley over the bar, over the fence and straight through a window behind the goal. And one of our subs stole the aforementioned young lads bike and rode it across the pitch in the vain hope of getting the match postponed. Happy days!!!

Back