• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Underrated comedy shows

Did anyone ever watch "Jam"?

Morris' next venture after 'Brass eye'? I tried to, but man that was evil...

Did anyone ever watch "Jam"?

Morris' next venture after 'Brass eye'? I tried to, but man that was evil...

I'm a huge Chris Morris fan, albeit a bit disappointed to see him going soft as he gets older. To be fair it might be the only way he can still get work after the sh*tstorm over Brass Eye.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Chris Morris fan, albeit a bit disappointed to see him going soft as he gets older. To be fair it might be the only way he can still get work after the sh*tstorm over Brass Eye.

But hell, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was great, wasn't it?

I'm sure his upcoming film satire about a Muslim terrorist in London will do more then enough to make a few more sh*t clouds form.

But hell, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was great, wasn't it?

Sure was. :)

I'm sure his upcoming film satire about a Muslim terrorist in London will do more then enough to make a few more sh*t clouds form.

We can but hope. On the one hand, it's a Chris Morris project. On the other, the people being satirised are either immigrants or their descendants. The poor old Daily Mail won't know what to do with themselves, will they? ;)

There's some talk of a second series of Nathan Barley, I'm sure I remember hearing? And agree that it definitely seems like Brooker's baby after watching Screenwipe obsessively, he's recycled several things from Barley in various places. great cast too- Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt, Richard Ayoade etc.

Giant number 5- the most important number.

Did any of you folks ever dig "Garth Merenghi's Dark Place"? Always meant to give that a second shot...

Looks like a bit of a one trick pony, to me. I saw an episode a few weeks back and enjoyed it but I didn't feel inclined to watch any more because I could see straight away that each episode is going to be the same.

Might give it a proper go if I see the DVD on special somewhere.

Lovely the geeky comedy in the recent The Big Bang Theory. I was only person I know who watched it.

Drop The Dead Donkey was really really good.

Used to be a massive fan of ' operation good guys ' ...quality comedy show around the late 90's , all about a group of undercover police unit that were absolutely woeful in every operation they ever got involved in.

It was wrote by and starred the same chaps in love , honor and obey ......fat alan and co .....brilliant stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzezmPaZoaI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2tOP35Fpeg&feature=related

Good call db. I really liked that, haven't seen it for years.

Operation good guys was class, good old bones haha. It's similar to The Office, Gervais obviously got the format from there.

Back