• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Was just sitting down in the middle of my night shift trying to recall some of the players who have been named as sub for Southend that have never gone on to make a first team appearance for the club.

Zoltan Liptak, George Smith, Clark Masters and the bloke who came on a season loan from Palace and was shipped back pdq after a training ground bust up spring to mind. Can't remember the latter's name now though I must admit.

Can anybody think of any others?

I seem to recall Tony Currie being signed up whilst in the twilight of his career. He warmed up beside the pitch and pulled a muscle, and never played.

I am sure all three of the players we have had with N' surnames have made appearances
Roger N'zamba got injured pretty quickly
Sada N'daiye made a couple and the midfielder we had last season

I think the majority which will fit the question by the op will be kids

How about Alan Glover from Q P R he came on against Hereford in 76 and lasted 3 mins I think

Adam Bouzid played for 45 minutes in the League Cup v Bristol City, was substituted and despite being named as sub in a number of games thereafter, never came on to make an appearance in the league.

I am sure all three of the players we have had with N' surnames have made appearances
Roger N'zamba got injured pretty quickly
Sada N'daiye made a couple and the midfielder we had last season

I think the majority which will fit the question by the op will be kids

You definitely cant include Sada 'pepe' N'Daiye. He played a few games. One especially sticks in the memory. I didnt miss an away game for the best part of 18 months during which was an awful time, i'm pretty sure we hadnt won away for a year (Stoke away 2-1), when at Plymouth after throwing away a 2 goal lead, Pepe popped up with the winner right near the end, I have a hazy memory that it was Martin Allen who played him through as well. A few days later we were at Wrexham, and i managed to miss our only goal in a 3-1 defeat. i think he even scored at the Hall as well

I remember Justin Hazell coming on in the 90th minute in an FA Cup replay against AFC Telford a good few years ago. I heard good things about that lad at the time but it turned out to be his one and only game in the 1st team for Southend. I think he left the club to take up a day job in the city if I remember rightly. Think Marcus Milner only played a minute for the first team too after coming on as sub..

You definitely cant include Sada 'pepe' N'Daiye. He played a few games. One especially sticks in the memory. I didnt miss an away game for the best part of 18 months during which was an awful time, i'm pretty sure we hadnt won away for a year (Stoke away 2-1), when at Plymouth after throwing away a 2 goal lead, Pepe popped up with the winner right near the end, I have a hazy memory that it was Martin Allen who played him through as well. A few days later we were at Wrexham, and i managed to miss our only goal in a 3-1 defeat. i think he even scored at the Hall as well
Yeah he did, against Bristol Rovers IIRC. He was utter toilet though, and how can anyone forget his madcap challenge at Brentford that earned him a red card in what I think was Neville Southall's debut. Wikipedia has him as playing 18 league games for us. We had some **** that season.

Peter Durson. Made one sub appearance, then got arrested and charged for an incident outside Churchills and fled back to Denmark

Back