• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Well I guess the return of the wind and rain will not help our 'leg weary' side right now.
We desperately need a win tomorrow and despite the good football we have played on many occasions this season , I would take a scrappy , last minute own goal right now.

Team selection will be interesting , and guess as the back 3 didn't seem to work that well and Thompson / Prosser both expected to be out still , Brown will stick with Phillips.

This is the side I would like to see ( but doubt it ) , in that well used 4-1-3-1-1 formation

BENTLEY
WHITE , PHILLIPS , EGAN , COKER
LAIRD
HURST , LEONARD , TIMLIN
PAYNE
CORR or BARNARD

Agree with this almost. I would start Barnard to give Corr a rest and have Straker in in place of Payne, not because Payne does not deserve a start, but because I think we need Straker's pace (assuming he takes the ball with him of course!!).

Bentley
White Phillips Egan Coker
Leonard Laird Timlin
Atkinson Payne
Corr​

Bit late for a pre match thread, why wasnt this started on monday???:thumbdown:

Well Wycombe come to us in good form having been on a wretched run prior to that, so in a similar vein to Northampton. They will be relishing playing us.

My team

Bentley
White
Egan
Phillips
Coker
Laird
Leonard
Timlin
Payne
Corr
Hurst.

I guess we also have the option of Clifford.
Fired up after being out for 4 games , point to prove , slippery pitch , what could go wrong...............................:'(

Is Agent Lomas still alive? He's been awfully quiet these days! What happened to prematch threads 3 months in advance of matchdays?!?

I think it's time to really shake things up now instead of "Brown hints that <insert player name who won't end up playing here> may feature against..."

I'd go for:
Bentley
White Phillips Egan Coker
Atkinson Laird Timlin
Hurst Payne
Eastwood

Give Leonard a rest and bring Hurt back into the side. Corr and Barnard for me just aren't cutting the mustard at the moment (I know Corr works hard and creates chances for others, but he and those others aren't scoring at the moment) so both could probably do with a game on the sidelines. Eastwood may not have the pace or movement he once had but he's still a very good finisher and if he's fit enough for 65/70 minutes (or dare I say 90 minutes) then why not give him a proper chance.

Payne for me has to start, no more excuses.

[QUOTE
Give Leonard a rest and bring Hurt back into the side. Corr and Barnard for me just aren't cutting the mustard at the moment (I know Corr works hard and creates chances for others, but he and those others aren't scoring at the moment) so both could probably do with a game on the sidelines. Eastwood may not have the pace or movement he once had but he's still a very good finisher and if he's fit enough for 65/70 minutes (or dare I say 90 minutes) then why not give him a proper chance.

Payne for me has to start, no more excuses.[/QUOTE]

What hurt did you have in mind? Bottom pinching, severe thrashing, needles down fingernails??, be specific man, we need to know the depths you wish to go to!!

[QUOTE

Payne for me has to start, no more excuses.

What hurt did you have in mind? Bottom pinching, severe thrashing, needles down fingernails??, be specific man, we need to know the depths you wish to go to!![/QUOTE]

See I read that differently to you , because I was sure he meant the actor John Hurt.
Now don't get me wrong , his portrayal of the Elephant Man was excellent , but 90 mins in a must win game on a heavy pitch ?
It's a big gamble IMO

What hurt did you have in mind? Bottom pinching, severe thrashing, needles down fingernails??, be specific man, we need to know the depths you wish to go to!!

Apologies, I should have specified! I will basically be eating a family sized shepherds pie in front of the squad if they fail to win, making sure they all pay attention as I scrape my knife and fork across the plate to ensure that no morsel of gravy is wasted. The worst performing player will then be strapped to one of the blades on the Ronicopter and flown to Benfleet Towers where they will spend the evening washing Ron's Bentley (car, not Dan).

Noticed that CP stated he was at the training ground yesterday waiting to do pre-match Wycombe interviews and then.....
.............NOTHING! Did tweet him a short time ago to ask whether he was still waiting!
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Barring any late afternoon surprise, it doesn't look as though we shall be adding to Egan for tomorrow. I suppose that ensures we won't try three at the back again but presumably we'll have to start with Phillips again. At least he shouldn't be as isolated as he was at Northampton but we seem to relying on Egan to help shore up a defence that looked a little less than solid on Tuesday night.
I haven't yet sorted out my predictions for tomorrow but just glanced at the Southend result and on a quick count they go 23 for a home win, 5 for a draw and 0 for an away win.........still a lot of rose-tinted spectacles being worn! I'm not sure that a kick up the arse (following Tuesday) and the addition of an untried defender, coming back from injury, is going to make that much difference. Still, I hear that we could be playing Payne up front.....................:winking:

How about putting Corr in defence where he likes to be most of the time and play Egan up front where he can get his head in as Brown said when the youngster signed? If Prosser is still out then I think we will lose yet another game at home. :smile:

How about putting Corr in defence where he likes to be most of the time and play Egan up front where he can get his head in as Brown said when the youngster signed? If Prosser is still out then I think we will lose yet another game at home. :smile:

I love your optimism:darkcloud:

I am so apathetic about tomorrow. And judging by the number of posts on here I am not alone. But fortunes must turn and tomorrow may be the day. UTB. BBBC double! 3 nil Blues.

Back