• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Valentines

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs McScriven @ Feb. 16 2004,12:45)]Very nice MtS!
Glad you approve, Mrs. McScriv.

I hear that we may have the honour of your presence tomorrow evening.

If so, look forward to meeting you & your beau in the Shrimpers.

Matt

Yes Matt - I've heard Im only known by my formal title (Mrs McScriven) how I have escaped your notice for this long - I have no idea!! I am coming along to cheer the mighty Shrimpers but alas - will not be partaking in a 2for1 offer on real Ale in the Shrimpers Bar

I bought my girlfriend a De Walt 24V cordless power drill and a 'Rommel - The desert fox' DVD.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs McScriven @ Feb. 16 2004,13:03)]Yes Matt - I've heard Im only known by my formal title (Mrs McScriven) how I have escaped your notice for this long - I have no idea!!  I am coming along to cheer the mighty Shrimpers but alas - will not be partaking in a 2for1 offer on real Ale in the Shrimpers Bar
Does this mean that you will not be putting in an appearance at the Shrimpers at all, or simply that you will not be quaffing ale?

I trust that the latter is the case.

As for how we have yet to be introduced... I'm sure it's because young McScriven, understandably, has sought to monopolise your time!

It's also, probably, that since I'm an out-of-town visitor to the South Upper, my sojourns in the hostelries of Southend are invariably brief... usually about 20 minutes in the Spread between 2.10 and 2.30 p.m. on a Saturday, and that's it!

Hope to meet you in the Shrimpers tomorrow, however (if only for a few minutes... I'm unlikely to get there before 7.25-7.30 p.m.).

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs McScriven @ Feb. 16 2004,13:03)]Yes Matt - I've heard Im only known by my formal title (Mrs McScriven)
That's not true. I heard someone refer to you as Chazza.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 16 2004,13:06)]I bought my girlfriend a De Walt 24V cordless power drill and a 'Rommel - The desert fox' DVD.
Excellent news. Once she's completely aux fait with the Desert Fox's tactics I'll put her in command of my Panzers. She can be my Field Marshall on the glorious day that I launch my blitzkrieg invasion of the European Union!
smile.gif

The missus got absolutely bugger all for Valentines because it's another made up day promoted by card manufacturers/sellers and florists for their own financial gain and not out of a great romantic gesture.....

.....what's the valentines version of Bah Humbug?

rock.gif

I think you find tight arse would be appropriate.
biggrin.gif

To be romantic does not mean you to have to buy a card/chocolates/flowers. It is an act and which cannot be purchased.
wink.gif
(Before you pass the bucket - that is the line I trained the missus with)

I personally also find the whole furore over Valentines Day is boggling amongst couples, surely its purposes is really for the singletons ie to try and get them matched up.?
rock.gif

Anyway I treated the wife to a nice candle light dinner cooked by yours truly. Cheap, enjoyable and was appreciated greatly by her
wink.gif

Actually i have quite a funny story for the SZ faithful.

My mate, who's been going out with his girlfriend for about 3 months spent about £100+ at Chrimbo on her. Come Saturday night he took her out and spent about £80 quid on a meal (for 2) and also got a few presents for her. Chuck in a few gifts now and again and thats £250.

Here comes the funny bit. Last night he was reading her text messages and saw a few from this bloke that she was interested about 4 months back at a party before my mate asked her out. He's not best pleased!!

Anyone else with any other comical stories for us ... maybe something that has personally happened to you!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Feb. 16 2004,21:17)]Actually i have quite a funny story for the SZ faithful.

My mate, who's been going out with his girlfriend for about 3 months spent about £100+ at Chrimbo on her. Come Saturday night he took her out and spent about £80 quid on a meal (for 2) and also got a few presents for her. Chuck in a few gifts now and again and thats £250.

Here comes the funny bit. Last night he was reading her text messages and saw a few from this bloke that she was interested about 4 months back at a party before my mate asked her out. He's not best pleased!!

Anyone else with any other comical stories for us ... maybe something that has personally happened to you!!

Kev

biggrin.gif
I'm sure your mates absolutely wetting himself with laughter at the moment......

Well the love of my life was treated to a weekend in Paris, freezing bloody cold, not a hint of football and massive que's at Disney, but apart from that a fun time was had by all. My sack is certainly empty as they say.

Who say's us Essex boys don't know how to treat our women?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Feb. 16 2004,21:17)]Actually i have quite a funny story for the SZ faithful.

Kev

biggrin.gif
That's a lie. You haven't got any mates.

biggrin.gif

Well! Mr. Postie brought me a gas bill and a mortgage statement. After the game I got home with a rotten cold and spent the evening shivering under a blanket in front of the world's worst TV. I didn't even open a beer I felt that rough!
sad.gif

Back