• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I know it wasn't a win, but to come back from 2-0 down against a team unbeaten in 19 and us without winning in 9 feels like we've turned a corner.

The team has been changed, as will our luck.

I predict 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat from our last 10 games.

Yes, this is probably the bottle of Shiraz I have consumed this evening talking. But you heard it here first. Hic.

I believe the fan Blue Arrow display after second half started and we did a lot singing too. Perhaps Brown and the Boys may have upped there game though. :winking: Brilliant 157 who went. :Worthy:

Could be a turning point. Must have given the lads a huge boost in confidence, coming back to get a point. We need to get right behind them on Saturday.

It's hotting up now. Plymouth play Scunny on Sat, and Oxford are at Chesterfield. It's still in our hands. We can do this. Come on you mighty blue boys....

I know it wasn't a win, but to come back from 2-0 down against a team unbeaten in 19 and us without winning in 9 feels like we've turned a corner.

The team has been changed, as will our luck.

I predict 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat from our last 10 games.

Yes, this is probably the bottle of Shiraz I have consumed this evening talking. But you heard it here first. Hic.

Made the same point on the other thread, 2-0 down to 2-2 is mentally a far better result than just a close draw. A 1-1 result would have been a great result up there but last night must surely give the team some self belief before Saturday.

What is just as pleasing as the comeback is the manner of it, we didnt just get two flukey goals (if you can even call Egans that), but the team actually played well.

After the goal the belief was back to match the work rate that had never gone away.
We had some luck.....................first for a long long time.
PB went to the side and shared his knowledge of the game rules with the Hull based ref.
An opposition player got a yellow for scything down Lenny.
We won 50/50s, rebounds from shots (by us) went out for a corner and theirs fell to our boys.................
This result could be a VERY important draw.

Only problem is, it was 2 defenders who scored, this will not happen every game (especially for White).

Only problem is, it was 2 defenders who scored, this will not happen every game (especially for White).

Thats true, and one of them was a total fluke as well, but what is important at this stage isn't who scores and how, its about regaining team confidence and being able to put in a good performance.

Next step is to show it wasnt a flash in the pan 45 minutes and we can do it on Saturday when hopefully others will score and the defenders wont concede two goals. If Egan wants to score another like last night he is welcome to though!

West Ham were on a rotten run, they got an impressive draw at Chelsea and it turned their season around. Something so simple in football can change everything.

That felt like a win for us last night and probably a defeat for Scunthorpe. We need to make this our turning point. No one above us is really pulling away so it's still all to fight for. If we go on a run, autos are still not out of reach.

It's amazing what 24 hours does.

West Ham were on a rotten run, they got an impressive draw at Chelsea and it turned their season around. Something so simple in football can change everything.

That felt like a win for us last night and probably a defeat for Scunthorpe. We need to make this our turning point. No one above us is really pulling away so it's still all to fight for. If we go on a run, autos are still not out of reach.

It's amazing what 24 hours does.

Almost sounds like a song...

Having seen both goals on YouTube I have to agree with the Scunthorpe Club web site report that both our goals were 'flukey'. That is not meant to take anything away from Egan's terrific strike, but it did go over the keeper's head so he should really have saved it. And Whitey's goal - well all goals are good if we score them!!!

Having said that, it is the fact that they were to my mind lucky, that fills me with hope that our 'bad-luck' spell has finally been broken. I have no doubt that we have, with great difficulty, seen this awful period through and brighter days are ahead.

A win on Saturday with the players confidence on the up, and with the possible return of Luke Prosser, followed by two very winnable games at Bristol and on the box, will see off the Plymouth and York threat.

Got a good feeling after Tuesday - hope it will continue.

A fluke is where the ball wasnt meant to go in and does.

There was nothing flukey about Egan's, he meant it and the pace of the ball beat the keeper.

White on the other hand was most certainly a fluke and hopefully the piece of luck we needed.

We were due some luck. We could have easily gone on to win that game, it was like watching a different team after White's goal went in.

A fluke is where the ball wasnt meant to go in and does.

There was nothing flukey about Egan's, he meant it and the pace of the ball beat the keeper.

White on the other hand was most certainly a fluke and hopefully the piece of luck we needed.

If Bentley or Smith had let in a 40 yarder directly over their head would you not blame them? The 'fluke' is the mistake by their 'keeper not the shot!

Having seen both goals on YouTube I have to agree with the Scunthorpe Club web site report that both our goals were 'flukey'. That is not meant to take anything away from Egan's terrific strike, but it did go over the keeper's head so he should really have saved it. And Whitey's goal - well all goals are good if we score them!!!

No Fluky is when it hits the bar then comes back and hits the keepers back then goes in as it did in last home game!

Back