• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very interesting news re Stoke City....

Angell Delight

Life President
.....Sammy Bangoura has apparently returned to the club! Massive split with their fans on whether they want him to play tomorrow - some say he's their only goal threat and MUST play and others frankly want to lynch him instead!!!! I'd be surprised if he was in the side as he's had no pre-season behind him - and obviously the more important aspect is would putting him in have a great detriment to the Stoke team-spirit.....would you be happy if your team-mate p***ed off for 6 weeks without permission? Difficult to assess whether his unlikely inclusion would help or hinder us really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Aug. 04 2006,14:03)]Simple, if he scores all is forgiven!
Not by his teammates - one of whom trained all pre-season, then got booted out on the eve of the first match to accommodate him...

Yeah but if he doesn't play, then Pompey reject Vincent Pericard will play (he played well in their promotion season IIRC).

This is as per Sky Sports Championship weekend preview, which interestingly enough also has us down as a 2-1 win!!!
biggrin.gif

I aint bothered either way if he plays...

Not right in the head, over-rated and wont cope against our strong back line.

So there!

wink.gif

How can he perform to the best of his ability with no football or pre season training... the last time he played any kind of competitive football was 3 months ago.

Very convenient time to return though...

No worries, Clarkey will have him in his pocket. Pericards a useful player at this level though. Cant say I can name a single other Stoke player apart from those 2!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 04 2006,14:53)]Luke Chadwick...Michael Duberry...Steve Simonsen??

wow.gif
Chadwick is a nifty little player, simonsen is past it these days. Duberry wasnt he the guy who got charged with rape or something a while ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ Aug. 04 2006,15:01)]Oh well if Duberrys playing we should have a field day!
yeah thats what i was thinking, shame i wont be able to make, having a broken foot is a right pain

John Eustace is a decent player and I'm glad he won't be playing tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ Aug. 04 2006,15:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ Aug. 04 2006,15:01)]Oh well if Duberrys playing we should have a field day!
yeah thats what i was thinking, shame i wont be able to make, having a broken foot is a right pain
You tart, call yourself a fan...

I used to limp down The Hall on crutches when I had my broken leg a few years back..

Must try harder.

*shakes head in disgust*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 04 2006,15:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ Aug. 04 2006,15:06)]
[b said:
You tart, call yourself a fan...

I used to limp down The Hall on crutches when I had my broken leg a few years back..

Must try harder.

*shakes head in disgust*
how many away games did you go last season....again smiffy. Did i see you at blackpool, barnsley, brentford, Col******r.....know who is the true fan
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I would normally go but have an operation on monday, and cant risk f%&king up my foot, i know when we score everyone is goin to go mental and i end up hurting it. I might try and pop down the pub, so i might catch up with you sometime.

Back