• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very interesting rumour ...

The General

The Mouse (*)
From someone who doesn't use SZ, but seems a top bloke, and is called Kev:

"The identity of the player is now known by a privilliaged few of us now, and we will not say anything until the deal is decided one way or the other, but if it comes of some of the doubters among you about us as a league2 prospect will have to think again, as no-one we have seen so far has a "better" defence or midfield than those in Blue this season."

Neil Harris, i reckon ...

Thoughts?

Kev

I dont understand it?...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 16 2004,21:05)]Sorry the thread was called, "Championship striker Southend bound" ...
Well if you'd had said that before!
tounge.gif

We've got Fredy, who needs Harris!?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Contract is up at the end of the season. Not figuring at Milwall. Said after the Southend match that he'd like to play for us at some time in his career.

But im sure other clubs would be sniffing around and im sure Milwall will look for some type of fee soon ...

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 16 2004,23:29)]Contract is up at the end of the season. Not figuring at Milwall. Said after the Southend match that he'd like to play for us at some time in his career.

But im sure other clubs would be sniffing around and im sure Milwall will look for some type of fee soon ...

Kev
Would he really settle for a grand a week and would Millwall settle for 50k ?

You would be talking 200-250k plus bout 2,500 a week for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 16 2004,22:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 16 2004,23:29)]Contract is up at the end of the season. Not figuring at Milwall. Said after the Southend match that he'd like to play for us at some time in his career.

Kev

Why not, Darlington signed Hignett, Armstrong and Wijhard, why can't we sign Harris. With Eastwood showing promise (if we sign him) and Harris a proven goalscorer at higher level, we could have two 20 a season strikers, with decent cover if they get injured.

P.S Luke, no fee needed if his contract is up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 16 2004,22:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 16 2004,22:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 16 2004,22:55)]Todd, need/want a lift tomorrow or not?
Na, i'll be ok, thanks.
Cool. How was the golf? Get wet?
Nope, I never knew that a golf course was so far, or in parts so steep. Got there early and saw Langer get beat, then had great fun watching the two matches. Westwood doesn't half know how to make it tense though. 5 up with 7 to play and ends up on the 18th and halves the hole. Saw Seve and Steve Ryder about the course as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 16 2004,23:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 16 2004,22:45)]
[b said:

Kev

Why not, Darlington signed Hignett, Armstrong and Wijhard, why can't we sign Harris.  With Eastwood showing promise (if we sign him) and Harris a proven goalscorer at higher level, we could have two 20 a season strikers, with decent cover if they get injured.

P.S Luke, no fee needed if his contract is up.
lol, I realise that Todd, but his contract isn't up till June/July.

I just can't see Millwall letting him go, not unless its a big fee, its not worth there while letting him go for a small fee, then they have to sign someone esle for cover etc.

I know Neil & his contract is up at the end of the season. If SUFC come up with the funds,- not ott, then local boy 'Neil Harris' will be turnout out in the blue shirt of Southend & will hopefully be banging 'em in !

Back