• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very ,very Important

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I was in the South Upper ,right behind the goal ,and I said to my mate next to me ,''Oh my God'' but in much more colourful language ,''That's the Smallest Wall I have EVER SEEN on a proffessional Football Field'' ,''we only have One tall player 2nd in on our left in the Five man wall ,so all he has to do is dink it over our right side and Flavs will never reach it'' .The rest is history ,and it has happened many times before with Darryl in Goal .
If you do have a small wall ,then of course ,you should put a man on the post .
The point of all this is that we had Revell and Robson-Kanu on the field at the time ,so we had enough tall players to build a much better wall and still enough for the more unlikely cross .

This is very ,very important to put right for the Play-Offs ,as look what happened this time when we gave Port Vale their only real chance ,on a plate .

I was in the South Upper ,right behind the goal ,and I said to my mate next to me ,''Oh my God'' but in much more colourful language ,''That's the Smallest Wall I have EVER SEEN on a proffessional Football Field'' ,''we only have One tall player 2nd in on our left in the Five man wall ,so all he has to do is dink it over our right side and Flavs will never reach it'' .The rest is history ,and it has happened many times before with Darryl in Goal .
The point of all this is that we had Revell and Robson-Kanu on the field at the time ,so we had enough tall players to build a much better wall and still enough for the more unlikely cross .

This is very ,very important to put right for the Play-Offs ,as look what happened this time when we gave Port Vale their only real chance ,on a plate .

Is that not more to do with the Midget in goal. Thought a taller player could have go to that..like an umpah lumpah for instance

If you stick players on the posts then the opposition can just stick two players in from of the keeper to stop him seeing anything.

so why couldnt tilly drop flavs and give collis a chance. He gave chances to revell hooper moussa and robson kanu.
i think collis might have positioned himself a little bit better!

so why couldnt tilly drop flavs and give collis a chance. He gave chances to revell hooper moussa and robson kanu.

Because Collis has had a huge chance this season already and it was clear that he is not as good as Flavs. Tilly and Brush have seen enough of Collis and he should be leaving in the summer.

Putting a man on the posts for corners, fair enough, but how many other teams do you see putting a man on the post for a free kick? Knowone does it as this encourages the team to shoot. How many free kicks go directly in, some do but not many. The idea is the wall covers one half of the goal while the keeper covers the other half. By having a player on the post plays the whole of the other team onside which in my opinion is more dangerous than letting them shoot.

Is this the same bloke that made a nice **** up in the reserves this week?

Is this the same bloke that made a nice **** up in the reserves this week?

Oh come on give it a rest wiggy, you're right on Collis I don't feel particularly safe with him in goal. However I don't feel safe with EITHER keeper and I'm certainly not the only one.

Would 4 or even 6 inches have made any difference, in the height of the wall or keeper ?

It seemed to me from side on that it was just a very well taken free kick.

Had the wall jumped as at Millwall, a daisy cutter could have been equally damaging.

Putting a man on the posts for corners, fair enough, but how many other teams do you see putting a man on the post for a free kick? Knowone does it as this encourages the team to shoot. How many free kicks go directly in, some do but not many. The idea is the wall covers one half of the goal while the keeper covers the other half. By having a player on the post plays the whole of the other team onside which in my opinion is more dangerous than letting them shoot.

Not so many go directly in because most teams aren't silly enough to build a tiny wall with a huge corner of the goal to aim at .
Macca was the middle man of five ,can you believe it .
Flavs was behind our big player on the other side of the wall ,and got across too slowly .If he covers the other side behind the three shortie's ,then probably there wouldn't now be a debate .
He will never score an easier free-kick than that .

Back