• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Virgin Galactic space tourism and Ritchie Foran - a denial by the club

CC51DAS

President
I have today received a message from a club representative who wished to assure me that there was no validity in my recent comment that 'Ritchie Foran should be put on the moon, but I doubt that the club can afford it'.

Apparently a seat has been reserved for Foran on the inaugural Virgin Galactic flight in 2010 on the assumption that the club cannot offload him elsewhere before then .

The message made no comment on whether the club had bought a return or one-way ticket .

Last edited:
Southend are getting ready to offload him to Darlington.

As soon as we sell Tommy Wright to Aberdeen, we bring Foran in, or so its been rumoured anyway.

Reading your board for the last few weeks I'm amazed at how hated/not rated he is down here!

Fair enough then, selling him would suit both clubs, he was fantastic on loan for us last season, playing a few on the left wing and a couple up front.

Southend are getting ready to offload him to Darlington.

As soon as we sell Tommy Wright to Aberdeen, we bring Foran in, or so its been rumoured anyway.

Reading your board for the last few weeks I'm amazed at how hated/not rated he is down here!

Fair enough then, selling him would suit both clubs, he was fantastic on loan for us last season, playing a few on the left wing and a couple up front.

Disliked more for his off the field bevahiour than on it. (Allegedly)

But I've read comments that he is a useless player.

Tell you what, when he joined us and we stuck him on the left wing he completed the balance of the team and were murdering everybody 3 and 4-0. Then he got injured and it all went wrong.

It would honestly make my day if we signed him, he's better than Wright who we are selling if the truth be told, and I can't help but think that IF it happens that Southend have made a mistake.

But time will tell. If Wright is gone by tomorrow, I'd expect Foran in before Saturday.

Tell you what, when he joined us and we stuck him on the left wing he completed the balance of the team and were murdering everybody 3 and 4-0. Then he got injured and it all went wrong.

It would honestly make my day if we signed him, he's better than Wright who we are selling if the truth be told, and I can't help but think that IF it happens that Southend have made a mistake.

But time will tell. If Wright is gone by tomorrow, I'd expect Foran in before Saturday.

Very interesting to hear this. He has been written off by our supporters and his alleged off-field activities have clouded opinions of his actual ability I think. For whatever reason he's never had a proper run in the side here - certainly never long enough for him to be slated in the way he has. And as we a desperate for a left-sided midfielder and could do with more cover up front, I'd love to know what's really gone on...

Good to hear what you thought of him whilst he was with you. I personally think with Gower and Maher not here anymore, he may get another opportunity and with the state of our squad at the moment, i would welcome it

Foran is a good player. I wish you lot would stop slagging him off.

As for his 'off the field antics', don't make me laugh...he and the club have denied the tosh that is alleged.

I hope he comes back this season and proves you all wrong.

There must be a reason why he performs well for you and not so well for us . I've been wracking my brains and for the life of me the only theory I can come up with is that Darlington play in league 2 while the mighty Southend grace League 1 :clap:

From a very reliable source, I hear that he will be leaving Southend, possibly by the end of this week! He is just waiting for contracts to be finalised.

As for his 'off the field antics', don't make me laugh...he and the club have denied the tosh that is alleged.

I've never disliked foran, and thought he was a decent player (hasn't shown his fee yet obviously)..
let's just see if we need a left winger come saturday :whistling:

hobo-handbag02.jpg

ant is this yours mate?

Good to hear what you thought of him whilst he was with you. I personally think with Gower and Maher not here anymore, he may get another opportunity and with the state of our squad at the moment, i would welcome it

We agree Steve for once !!!!!!!!!

Back