• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Visiting Orient fan....

odear

Winger
O's fan in peace. There's a thread on our better fans forum which started talking about Barrow but that soon morphed into your current battles. I don't really know but it may surprise you that, almost to a fan, none of want to see you lose your spot in the FL. We did for two seasons... it's awful! The truth is, Southend Utd, despite not being our nearest neighbours, are the team we like to beat more than any other. There's been some real battles between us down the years and we all want that to continue. I believe we are at yours on the last game of this season and we do not want to be the one who put the last nail in the coffin. I know this sounds condescending but it really isn't. We want to be beating you with both of us in the Championship.
Here's a link to the forum thread, we wish you all the best. https://lofcforum.boards.net/thread/9434/lowly-barrow

O's fan in peace. There's a thread on our better fans forum which started talking about Barrow but that soon morphed into your current battles. I don't really know but it may surprise you that, almost to a fan, none of want to see you lose your spot in the FL. We did for two seasons... it's awful! The truth is, Southend Utd, despite not being our nearest neighbours, are the team we like to beat more than any other. There's been some real battles between us down the years and we all want that to continue. I believe we are at yours on the last game of this season and we do not want to be the one who put the last nail in the coffin. I know this sounds condescending but it really isn't. We want to be beating you with both of us in the Championship.
Here's a link to the forum thread, we wish you all the best. https://lofcforum.boards.net/thread/9434/lowly-barrow

Don't worry, you won't. We'll be down well before then.

and so it comes to pass..... mathematically we at Orient can get into the play-offs, but we won't. Mathematically you can escape the drop but frankly, that's not going to happen either. There'll be no old pals act on Saturday, Jobi McAnuff is looking to cement his job as first team coach/manager (whatever!) and all but a handful of our lot are out of contract in June. All this means they can't afford to approach this game with an end-of-season attitude. As I said here back in March, none of us take any satisfaction from your plight, our own wounds are still fresh from our recent basket case history. Here's hoping we can fight it out again as equal and opponents - sooner rather than later.

I've always cringed at the "we hate Orient mob" as it seemed such a contrived rivalry. I enjoyed getting one over you but it was never hatred. Orient are a proper club and I've always respected those who support them when the alternative on their doorstop was W*** H** or one of the ESL (RIP) founder members.

Hopefully Saturday won't be the last time we clash for too long. Would probably be fitting if we score an own goal to send us down, not to mention our best chance of us actually scoring during Phil Brown's reign...

I've always cringed at the "we hate Orient mob" as it seemed such a contrived rivalry. I enjoyed getting one over you but it was never hatred. Orient are a proper club and I've always respected those who support them when the alternative on their doorstop was W*** H** or one of the ESL (RIP) founder members.

Hopefully Saturday won't be the last time we clash for too long. Would probably be fitting if we score an own goal to send us down, not to mention our best chance of us actually scoring during Phil Brown's reign...
Your right Yorkshire. As an older fan - we never had a hatred for the O's ..largely because they were in the old second division while we yo-yo'd between 4 & 3. My rivals were Col U, Watford, Gills, Brentford, Lincoln City, Aldershot..but not the O's. In recent years the younger generation of both clubs appear to have created a new rivalry!

Most seemed to spend almost all of the 90 minutes chanting "We Hate Orient"rather than putting energy into cheering on the team.

Would probably be fitting if we score an own goal to send us down, not to mention our best chance of us actually scoring during Phil Brown's reign...
God I hope it’s a good one. Like a worldy, edge of the area, on the volley, mesmerised players on the floor, ball stuck in the stantion with goalkeeper at full stretch kind of finish. A truly fitting end.

Back