• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wages!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,11:57)]I can understand all the monies from the LDV games going into the pot, but surely the lions share should go to the winner, losing finalist and down the line accordingly.

However i cannot see how or why that the clubs who have not qualified for the play offs should benefit in anyway from the 4 clubs who have.
I understod it that only the four clubs in playoff sports share the play off revenues.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 28 2005,07:17)]The £300 figure quoted by Mike sounds familiar as Connie claimed this was how much he was on, and then was offered a very minimal rise last summer.
That might explain why I saw him doing a Yellow advertiser paper round.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2005,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ July 28 2005,11:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2005,09:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,10:37)]... we had 5 televised games...
Of those 5 televised games, we earnt nowt from the LDV final or any of the play off matches televised. We only earnt any revenue from the Luton FA Cup match.

This season, we already have more televised games from which we get a fee from.
How do you know or work that one out OS, what is the point of any game being televised if the clubs do not make any revenue from them??

The only one i can logically see that we would not get any money from is the Northampton away leg based on the premise that the home club keeps the revenue.

Figures have already been publicised about revenue for the Southampton & Forest game which will be on SKY.
LDV Television revenue went into the "pot" for distribution amongst the participating clubs so, whilst we did not technically get a fee for appearing on TV, we did benefit financially (It may appear in the Accounts as play off revenue (or something similar) as opposed to TV revenue)
From what I understood, the 4 play-off clubs share the gate revenue, but no... revenue from TV rights does not go to the clubs.

I also understood the situation to be the same regarding the LDV final. I doidn't think we got anything from that (for TV rights) either.

Can anybody clear this up?
Agreed, this was covered in detail at the time of the play-offs and explains why we only made £80k ish from the play-offs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ July 28 2005,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2005,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ July 28 2005,11:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2005,09:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,10:37)]... we had 5 televised games...
Of those 5 televised games, we earnt nowt from the LDV final or any of the play off matches televised. We only earnt any revenue from the Luton FA Cup match.

This season, we already have more televised games from which we get a fee from.
How do you know or work that one out OS, what is the point of any game being televised if the clubs do not make any revenue from them??

The only one i can logically see that we would not get any money from is the Northampton away leg based on the premise that the home club keeps the revenue.

Figures have already been publicised about revenue for the Southampton & Forest game which will be on SKY.
LDV Television revenue went into the "pot" for distribution amongst the participating clubs so, whilst we did not technically get a fee for appearing on TV, we did benefit financially (It may appear in the Accounts as play off revenue (or something similar) as opposed to TV revenue)
From what I understood, the 4 play-off clubs share the gate revenue, but no... revenue from TV rights does not go to the clubs.

I also understood the situation to be the same regarding the LDV final. I doidn't think we got anything from that (for TV rights) either.

Can anybody clear this up?
Agreed, this was covered in detail at the time of the play-offs and explains why we only made £80k ish from the play-offs.
£80k and PROMOTION!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 28 2005,13:06)]£80k and PROMOTION!!!
Oh yeah, forgot about that
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,12:57)]However i cannot see how or why that the clubs who have not qualified for the play offs should benefit in anyway from the 4 clubs who have.
If you refering to my previous posts, I never suggested such a thing. I said gate revenue was shared by the play-off clubs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2005,13:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 28 2005,12:57)]However i cannot see how or why that the clubs who have not qualified for the play offs should benefit in anyway from the 4 clubs who have.
If you refering to my previous posts, I never suggested such a thing. I said gate revenue was shared by the play-off clubs.
I know you did not, I was making a general point that tv revenue (if any) should be shared between the 4 play off clubs.

with the majority goin to the two finalists. How we can have three live televised games and not earn a penny is beyond me. Surely Sky who broadcast the games made money on them due to the viewing public. How that money does not get transferred onto the teams that were playing does not make logical thinking. Or am I just being blonde?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ July 28 2005,10:47)]LDV Television revenue went into the "pot" for distribution amongst the participating clubs so, whilst we did not technically get a fee for appearing on TV, we did benefit financially (It may appear in the Accounts as play off revenue (or something similar) as opposed to TV revenue)
Sorry Should have said Play off (Not LDV)

Back