• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
I have been informed by a very good source that wages for August and September were all paid and on time.

We never heard from any of our normal sources that they hadn't but it has been mentioned numerous times over the past couple of weeks that wages were a reason for our dip in form but this would suggest that unpaid wages were not the cause....

I have been informed by a very good source that wages for August and September were all paid and on time.

We never heard from any of our normal sources that they hadn't but it has been mentioned numerous times over the past couple of weeks that wages were a reason for our dip in form but this would suggest that unpaid wages were not the cause....

So we're just plain rubbish then.........................................:'(

So we're just plain rubbish then.........................................:'(

Yep thats the long and short of it.

There is obviously still the restriction on squad size and the embargos that Phil Brown has to contend with, but the players shouldnt be demoralised due to unpaid wages.

Wait, 2 months in a row we have managed to pay players on time?

RON'S FOUND THE WARCHEST!! :happy:

The wages being payed on time is good news .But how about Ron sorting out this bloody Embargo .Or send out a couple of the younger members of the squad on loan to get game time .And make some space for some players that we need.

Poor man management probably is part of the reasoning.

It doesnt need to be down to one thing.

Bear in mind the performances in general have been ok, we have lost games we shouldnt have and played well in. If he had lost the dressing room we would just be performing badly. (Although Id certainly not be surprised if some players have lost respect for him after recent statements).

Its very easy to look at the current form and try to find a nice easy peg to hang the cause on, wages/embargo/man management/Media Work/Strikers/Defenders etc etc but sometimes its not quite as simple.

At least we can cross wages off that list now and more emphasis can be put onto the manager and players to get results without that excuse being used to let them off the hook.

I do understand the point being made between bad play and late wages, but that besides, it shouldn't be breaking news that Ron Martin has paid people on time, that's what he is meant to do is it not.

I do understand the point being made between bad play and late wages, but that besides, it shouldn't be breaking news that Ron Martin has paid people on time, that's what he is meant to do is it not.

It certainly is whats meant to happen, and it has been happening, so no not really breaking news for most of us, but to those who have been saying results are down to players not being paid then its going to be breaking news to them at least...

It doesnt need to be down to one thing.

Bear in mind the performances in general have been ok, we have lost games we shouldnt have and played well in. If he had lost the dressing room we would just be performing badly. (Although Id certainly not be surprised if some players have lost respect for him after recent statements).

Its very easy to look at the current form and try to find a nice easy peg to hang the cause on, wages/embargo/man management/Media Work/Strikers/Defenders etc etc but sometimes its not quite as simple.

At least we can cross wages off that list now and more emphasis can be put onto the manager and players to get results without that excuse being used to let them off the hook.

Didn't say one thing. I said PART of the reasoning:smiles:

This will come as a bitter disappointment to some...
you could have broken it more gently

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
Just want to clarify that my tweet about being depressed about Blues was due to matters off the field.

Mark Corney ‏@MarkCorney
@CJPhillips1982 not that the on the field matters have much to smile about either!

@MarkCorney Due to what's happening off the field in my opinion. It's all linked.

If it's not wages, what is it? :unsure:

Just want to clarify that my tweet about being depressed about Blues was due to matters off the field.

Mark Corney ‏@MarkCorney
@CJPhillips1982 not that the on the field matters have much to smile about either!

@MarkCorney Due to what's happening off the field in my opinion. It's all linked.

If it's not wages, what is it? :unsure:

I think he is just fed up in general.

Even though wages are paid we are still in debt, we have been under embargo since 1956.

I would also suggest he, and others, are depressed about off the field issues because of on the pitch form (even if he says thats not the case). Its funny how no one was depressed about anything when we were top of the league...

Seems to me that CP is at least getting paid by the Echo for being fed up. The rest of us have to pay for the privilege!

I can assure you all that no one at southend United has been paid for September. It is now 4 days late.

I can assure you all that no one at southend United has been paid for September. It is now 4 days late.

Are you talking about players or staff?

I have been informed by a reliable source that players have been paid for September, club staff I cant vouch for...

I would reiterate the rumours on this site were regarding August. My source and the trust have both confirmed wages were paid. Ive also been told today Septembers have also been paid.

How is it 4 days late? It's only 2nd October now! I had presumed from previous conversations, that wages were due on the last day of the month - that may, or may not be the case.

Back