• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kay, I bet he didn't mention this at the Trust AGM.

No, we only had a liaison meeting about 10 days ago as well. Can only presume it was not on the table at that time, and that he thought he wasn't in the running for it.

No, we only had a liaison meeting about 10 days ago as well. Can only presume it was not on the table at that time, and that he thought he wasn't in the running for it.

It was as he said he's been talking to them all along.......“The discussions with Blackburn began just before I joined Southend and progressed through October and November before the decision was made to appoint me.

It was as he said he's been talking to them all along.......“The discussions with Blackburn began just before I joined Southend and progressed through October and November before the decision was made to appoint me.

If he has departed, good luck on getting any outstanding pay --- especially if he failed to give sufficient notice.

Are Blackburn still owned by the Venkys?

I know Blackburn have a far more illustrious history than us and are above us in the table and all that, but that doesn't seem like the most enticing job to me.

Are Blackburn still owned by the Venkys?

I know Blackburn have a far more illustrious history than us and are above us in the table and all that, but that doesn't seem like the most enticing job to me.

Most other jobs would be enticing when your employed by Ron.

Doesn't even look as if he was on the payroll - consultant charging a daily rate.

Yes, that's part of why I think he wasn't our new CEO, I do know he was down at the ground Saturday morning at 6 to make sure the match wasn't in any doubt.

Shame, straight talking guy, and very much on the fans' wavelength.

Temporary consultant leaves for a permanent position. Hardly earth shattering news.

Indeed...Plus he has worked with Mowbray in the past and the CEO is now a big part of the contacts/wages and budgets for managers in the modern game.

The old days of Dave Smith meeting Roy McDonough in a service station and doing a deal over a greasy fry up are long gone.

A big shame, I liked Steve in my brief chats/correspondence with him, full of enthusiasm and eager to help.

And he bought a copy of the book on Saturday - hope that wasn't what tipped him over the edge :unsure:

He was tipped in the press weeks ago to go to Blackburn because of the Mowbray/Coventry link.

Back