• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have forgotten I hope this hasn't been pushed aside and will happen today. It is a chance for us to put aside football rivalries and show we are all human beings

Great idea. I think we should all stand up for the applause and make a real show that the football community stands together through difficult times :clap:

3 sides of the ground jointed in....all sides apart from the Walsall fans.

3 sides of the ground jointed in....all sides apart from the Walsall fans.

Who were the only stand that couldn't see the scoreboard to know what time it was and probably didn't know what we were doing.

Who were the only stand that couldn't see the scoreboard to know what time it was and probably didn't know what we were doing.

Maybe, but Ayrshire Blue did go onto their message board and tell them about it at the time. Still, good response from the majority.

Last edited:
Maybe, but Ayrshire Blue did go onto their message board and tell them about it the time. Still, good response from the majority.

They still weren't able to see the scoreboard to know what minute it was. The fact he went on their message board wouldn't help the Walsall fans find out what minute it was.

They still weren't able to see the scoreboard to know what minute it was. The fact he went on their message board wouldn't help the Walsall fans find out what minute it was.
And none of them wore watches which would at least indicate it was about 5 minutes to half time? Let's face it, supporters do NOT all read message boards, today clearly proved that.

And none of them wore watches which would at least indicate it was about 5 minutes to half time? Let's face it, supporters do NOT all read message boards, today clearly proved that.

That's very true OBL, but you would have thought some would have twigged what was going on. I'm not making a big thing of it, as to do so would spoil what was, all in all, a moving gesture from the crowd.

Most people around us didnt have a clue what it was about either.

The fact the event was quite a while ago didnt help.

That's very true OBL, but you would have thought some would have twigged what was going on. I'm not making a big thing of it, as to do so would spoil what was, all in all, a moving gesture from the crowd.
Some would of twigged what was going on? You really think they would link random applause to an event over a month ago?

Most people around us didnt have a clue what it was about either.

The fact the event was quite a while ago didnt help.

Plus I don't think people really know about Walsall fans and the Tunisia attack - unlike, say, the the Newcastle fans on MH17. It's not really in the public consciousness, for whatever reason.

I thought the Walsall fans were clapping on 18 mins. Not sure why certainly wasn't for the great football.

True but did nobody bother to tell their fans that it was planned? Also surely they couldn't have thought we'd decided to spontaneously clap our own players during the inept first half?

True but did nobody bother to tell their fans that it was planned? Also surely they couldn't have thought we'd decided to spontaneously clap our own players during the inept first half?

Ayrshire Blue posted the first post on this thread onto Walsall fans message board in July. He also put it on twitter for some Walsall fans.

Must admit I was quite disappointed that some of the Walsall fans immediately replied after the applause with a chant of 'We forgot that you were here.'
Very graceful.

Because they clearly had no idea what the applause was for. Highly highly unlikely they'd reply with that chant to spite us. Looking too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back