• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Want To Be My Bitch?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,12:58)]Reckon you could wait 3 years till i finish my Sports journalism degree?
laugh.gif
Where are you going ? do you start next month ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 05 2005,13:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,12:58)]Reckon you could wait 3 years till i finish my Sports journalism degree?
laugh.gif
No, next year... Either Brighton or Huddersfield, Though i'd much rather prefer to go to brighton for the distance between the campus and Roots Hall, and the fact Huddersfield is a derelict Sh**hole

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yeovil_Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,12:44)]McScriven said in a earlier post he was working 8am till 10pm most of the time; if your going to be chucking in hours like that on a regular basis you would be knackered and want more than 20days off a year! personally 25 days holiday minimum.
Well I should imagine the newbie will be brought in with the hope of halving the workload!

This is an indication of how the club are progressing. 2 years ago the club asked the trust if any regular away match attendees would mind doing the match reports for the web site and the programs, in exchange for free entry into the ground (Travel was not paid for). It was later extended to home games as well.

Now we are in a position to expand the role and offer a full time post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
No, next year... Either Brighton or Huddersfield, Though i'd much rather prefer to go to brighton for the distance between the campus and Roots Hall, and the fact Huddersfield is a derelict Sh**hole
Brighton Campus is in Eastbourne isn't it ?

My Son is off to Preston (A level results permitting) next month.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 05 2005,13:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
laugh.gif
Brighton Campus is in Eastbourne isn't it ?

Yeah, its a really good, new campus with great facilities for sport. Only drawback is the requirement is 300 UCAS points which basically means i need 3 B's... so a year of working my A*se off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yeovil_Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,12:44)]McScriven said in a earlier post he was working 8am till 10pm most of the time; if your going to be chucking in hours like that on a regular basis you would be knackered and want more than 20days off a year! personally 25 days holiday minimum.
Well I should imagine the newbie will be brought in with the hope of halving the workload!
The working hours would prove interesting...

Travel to Hartlepool on a wednesday evening ? Thursday off in lieu ?

What happens on saturdays ?

I would be interested on seeing when the match reports go up this year, as the away game reports were written as soon as the reporter got back, regardless of the time. Poor sod was writing at 4 o/c in the morning some days.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:37)]Brighton Campus is in Eastbourne isn't it ?

Yeah, its a really good, new campus with great facilities for sport. Only drawback is the requirement is 300 UCAS points which basically means i need 3 B's... so a year of working my A*se off.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats what he has to get for Preston,
But his back up is at Preston too (Journalism with Sport in the Media or something ......
rock.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:28)]No, next year... Either Brighton or Huddersfield, Though i'd much rather prefer to go to brighton for the distance between the campus and Roots Hall, and the fact Huddersfield is a derelict Sh**hole
Is that Brighton or Sussex uni? I graduated from Sussex this year - it takes about 2.5 to 3 hrs to get to the hall from here.

Brighton's great, so long as you steer clear of the Withdean
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ Aug. 05 2005,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2005,13:28)]No, next year... Either Brighton or Huddersfield, Though i'd much rather prefer to go to brighton for the distance between the campus and Roots Hall, and the fact Huddersfield is a derelict Sh**hole
Is that Brighton or Sussex uni? I graduated from Sussex this year - it takes about 2.5 to 3 hrs to get to the hall from here.

Brighton's great, so long as you steer clear of the Withdean Ā 
upside.gif
No, Brighton not Sussex... The campus is in Eastbourne

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 05 2005,13:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,13:30)]
[b said:
The working hours would prove interesting...

Travel to Hartlepool on a wednesday evening ? Thursday off in lieu ?

What happens on saturdays ?

I would be interested on seeing when the match reports go up this year, as the away game reports were written as soon as the reporter got back, regardless of the time. Poor sod was writing at 4 o/c in the morning some days.....
No last season I went to nearly all the away matches and arrived back at 3-4am. I then was back in the office at 8am.

I will be getting match reports up at least an hour after the match this season as following Lewis hanging up his notepad for the Blues for the time being I will assume his mantle - although I hate match reports because I always forget to write stuff down because I get too into the match.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 05 2005,17:10)]I will assume his mantle - although I hate match reports because I always forget to write stuff down because I get too into the match.
.....and can't spell!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 05 2005,17:10)]I would be interested on seeing when the match reports go up this year, as the away game reports were written as soon as the reporter got back, regardless of the time. Poor sod was writing at 4 o/c in the morning some days.....
No last season I went to nearly all the away matches and arrived back at 3-4am. I then was back in the office at 8am.

I will be getting match reports up at least an hour after the match this season as following Lewis hanging up his notepad for the Blues for the time being I will assume his mantle - although I hate match reports because I always forget to write stuff down because I get too into the match.[/QUOTE]
I always felt it would be easier if you didn't support the team. Far less emotional and more focussed on the task in hand

To be honest, no one will notice the difference in a 4am or an 8.30 am posting of a match report, which going into the office the next day would achieve, Its tough on the reporter and I would guess if you didn't support the team reporting would be easier but the hours wouldn't.

The dictaphone offer is still there mate....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Aug. 05 2005,17:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 05 2005,17:10)]I would be interested on seeing when the match reports go up this year, as the away game reports were written as soon as the reporter got back, regardless of the time. Poor sod was writing at 4 o/c in the morning some days.....

I will be getting match reports up at least an hour after the match this season as following Lewis hanging up his notepad for the Blues for the time being I will assume his mantle - although I hate match reports because I always forget to write stuff down because I get too into the match.
I always felt it would be easier if you didn't support the team. Far less emotional and more focussed on the task in hand

To be honest, no one will notice the difference in a 4am or an 8.30 am posting of a match report, which going into the office the next day would achieve, Its tough on the reporter and I would guess if you didn't support the team reporting would be easier but the hours wouldn't.

The dictaphone offer is still there mate....[/QUOTE]
We've got a 3G card for my lap-top which means that I type up the reports/interviews and get them online on the team coach onm the way home which passes the time.

I worry about impartiality if the reports are being written up on the team coach.

How are we, your paying public, to know that a claim "Maher had a good game" is based on your opinions of the match, or whether Maher was just moaning into your ear the whole trip back until you gave in and wrote "Maher had a good game" in the match report in a futile attempt to get him to shut up?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 05 2005,17:51)]I worry about impartiality if the reports are being written up on the team coach.

How are we, your paying public, to know that a claim "Maher had a good game" is based on your opinions of the match, or whether Maher was just moaning into your ear the whole trip back until you gave in and wrote "Maher had a good game" in the match report in a futile attempt to get him to shut up?
Matt, you knowing me and I never write Maher had a good game had it been true or not ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 05 2005,17:51)]I worry about impartiality if the reports are being written up on the team coach.

This is a scenario that occurs no matter where you are constructing the report, unless you are alone, as everyone has a different view or perception of the game.
If you were travelling on the SUSCT coach then you are just as likely to have a fellow supporter moaning in your ear that 'Maher played crap' when you are praising him, or vice-versa. It is just important that the reporter keeps with their own opinion and expects people to disagree as people with disagree with anything!
wink.gif

Scriv,

I'm in the process of writing my covering letter for the job of media assistant, but was wondering what you mean by a editorial? I believe I have to send one with my covering letter and CV.

Many thanks

Mike.

Back