• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
I know I came on here and was fairly critical of Wayne's performance against Port Vale but I thought he was excellent yesterday and in spite of excellent efforts by Maher and Guttridge, was my man of the match.

We all know about his workrate, fitness and his determination but yesterday he seemed to have raised the bar from the first day in my eyes. The main difference seemed to be his movement that was so much more intelligent on Saturday and allowed him to pick up the ball and control it in dangerous areas. Crossing was very useful on several occasions but while we were struggling a little to create a goal, Wayne pulls one out of the bag.

The movement that I mentioned earlier bought him enough space between defenders to make anything at all of a fairly floated cross from Gower. This did not make it an easy chance and the header, looped back across the goalkeeper, left the 'keeper no option but to try and push it over. So well placed, so well executed and Freddy takes the goal but the key man in the goal is clear in my mind.

Great Effort Wayne. Maybe we'll get a challenger for no.1 striker at the club this year and if this happens, it can only be good for the team.

smile.gif

I have always slatted Wayne Gray but yesterday he was different class.

I have always shouted at him for his lazy work rate and closing down but yesterday we was totally brilliant, hat off to him i say and he is certainly giving goater a harder time in getting the position next to eastwood

Wayne's been in excellent form since the Bradford match. It's good for the team because the more of a reputation he gains the less teams are going to concentrate on marking Eastwood out of the game.

Well done Wayne

He's been excellent this season, seems like a new player from the one we saw last season. He's given 100% every game, scored 2 goals and set up 3.

Some credit can be given to Freddy's reputation for Wayne's good form. Upon promotion we were a one man team as far as the rest of the division was concerned. Opposing managers have reacted to this by sticking two men on Freddy when they probably don't need to allowing Wayne the space he needs to play his game. Keep it up!

Having said that I'm still intrigued to see Goater alongside Freddy as they definitely won't be able to double up on either of them!

Don't mean to put the cat among the pigeons, but I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced that it should be Wayne that loses his place to The Goat. On the first four games this season, of which I've seen all, I would most definitely stick Freddy on the bench. Wayne's work rate has been quite superb. And he's scored 2 goals and made at least 2 others.
You have to choose the form players to have a winning team...

Back