• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wayne Gray

Joolz

Coach⭐
All those who took it upon themselves to slag off Wayne Gray after just four games this season (less in some cases), please identify yourselves so that we can now put together a roll of shame!

The serious point I'm trying to make is why are people so quick to pass judgement on every new player - both negative AND and positive (as we are now seeing with Mr Eastwood).

Does making a personal observation stating he's found it difficult settling in count?

If so... hard cheese!

tounge.gif

Pleased as punch for him at the moment though. However, if he doesn't score 4 goals in the next two games, we should get rid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Does making a personal observation stating he's found it difficult settling in count?

If so... hard cheese!

Not at all - however, calling him a f**king useless w**ker does.

This rant isn't really aimed at most people on this board - just the usual whingers you get down at the hall, who probably go to one game a year and think that qualifies them to pass judgement on the whole team.

I had the misfortune to be stood near to Dagenham Kev in the groundsmans on Saturday [for all of 2 minutes... I had to move] and he was going on about how sh*te the Southend squad is [Maher and Gray in particular], that the club is bankrupt and will soon be homeless
rock.gif
 I had to ask him what game he was watching on the tele... 'cos it certainly didn't sound like Southend.

I was going to nick his crutches, but didn't have the heart!

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 18 2004,14:41)]I was going to nick his crutches, but didn't have the heart!
So you just kicked them away instead? Plenty of comic value there.

Well Personally I was not impressed when I first saw him at Billericay, the early games of the season did nothing to change those impressions. then , imho quite rightly, he was dropped.
Since getting back in the side, probably a toch fortuously, he realled has grabbed his chance, he worked hard against Boston, and on Saturday it was the first time his obvious pace really showed. Interestingly once we realised that a ball into the channels gives the striker more chance to get to it and tends to pull the defence a bit more.
So credit where credit is due, Well done Wayne for , what seems to me to be a change in attitude more than anything and Well done to the coaching staff for working out a plan which uses a players strengths

I slated him because his performances were not good. I am very happy that he is now showing some real class.

Have expressed doubts early in the season about his form (but not vocally slagged him off from the stands). I think his whole demeanour and body language changed immediately after his first goal went in and he looks a completely different player now - long may that continue!

Speaking with some MK Dons fans (yes they do exist and they seem to be as genuine in their support for their team as anyone else) who were saying that Wayne Gray can be a match-winner and breathtaking to watch when he's feeling confident; while he can look very ordinary when things aren't going his way. Seems like a good reason to do all we can to make sure his confidence levels are high to me.

P.S. Calling him Wayne Kerr as some were at the start of the Col Ewe match is not generally accepted as a confidence inspiring measure!!!

Yep I slagged him off at the start of the season and quite rightly so, and yes I still feel Bramble and Dudfield are better but at the mo hes the man on form and long may it continue

Personally, I thought he was top-class Vs East Thurrock with his brace but didn't want to get carried away because I probably would have been able to hit a hat trick Vs them. Then I wasn't impressed in any of the games I saw afterwards. I missed the Colchester and Boston games but was encouraged by what I was hearing, then Vs Swansea he was a close call to my man-of-the-match.

Hopefully, he has settled in fine now and adjusted to our total football. Good luck Wayne and long may it continue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 18 2004,16:06)]he has settled in fine now and adjusted to our total football.
Steady.  We were pretty good on Saturday, but let's not start comparing the team with Rinus Michels' Dutch sides of the early 70s...

tounge.gif

Yeah o.k. I was not impressed at all with his peformance at Rochdale which was dissapointing as he seemed to play well in pre-season friendlys.

Ihave never slated or called a player an offensive name (apart from Che Wilson
wink.gif
) from the stands!

But I am glad he has proved me wrong!

I must hold my hands up. When i first saw Gray in pre seasons i thought he looked good. But after a couple of poor showings in the early games i changed my mind quickly and thought he was a bit of a lazy git. At col u (scum) most people around me thought he was a bit crap as well but since then i have to say he looks great and i hope he keeps it up. I thought he ran freddy a close second for mom on saturday.

Come on then slate me!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 18 2004,16:06)
he has settled in fine now and adjusted to our total football.

Steady. We were pretty good on Saturday, but let's not start comparing the team with Rinus Michels' Dutch sides of the early 70s...

It was a statement made with part of my tongue in cheek.

tounge.gif

He was outsatnding against Thurrock, looked solid against Lincoln which most people have forgotten, rightly got dropped but I always backed him to bounce back and his body language when he came back was so different from before he was dropped also started chasing lost causes and can cross the ball nicely too! But as with all strikers he might have a bad game and his shoulders could drop again, BUT I hope he stays on this form and as he was playing in the Championship in the latter part of last season of course he'd take time to adapt to our level...like Prior. Anyone else see a obvious link that Gower hits form so do our strikers?
rock.gif
anything in that or coincedence?

Must confess was totally uninspired by him in the first few games and having seen him at Notts County I almost in my weakest moment felt that Drewe may have been a better option (God NO) but since Boston as per a previous post by myself Wayne has looked superb and I hope he and Freddy do well tomorrow at Scunny....

Back