• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wayne Gray

stickyboy

Director
Be interested what everyone else thinks about him. I have to admit not overly impressed with his scoring record - Has got 12 this season (but 4 or 5 of them much be pens) so hardly prolific is it for a team in 2nd. I know he has made goals for Eastwood (the only reason we are not mid-table) etc etc before you all moan but seems to be too up and down for my liking.

Gray is superb. He's taken his time tio settle in since we signed him, but look at the past few years. How many times have we had two strikers getting between them as many goals. There is more to his play than setting up Fredy.

I admit that he's not firing on all cylinders at the moment, but in all honesty who is??

His pace terrifies defences and his off the ball work also brings space for Fredy to work in. Striking partnerships take time to gel, but here we have two guys who seem to have clicked pretty much straight away which has not happened for a good few years. Who was the last pairing?

sorry wasnt trying to be too critical of him was more concerned that perhaps he should score more - think he only has 8 goals excluding pens this season which for a out and out striker with plenty of pace could be a little higher as I think there is too much pressure on Freddie to score?

He could score a few more IMO, he had a great chance last night but his touch was too heavy allowing the keeper to come out and black him. Works very hard though and he does have a good partnership with Fredy so I would keep him in the side for those reasons!

Gray creates so many of Fredy's goals, also gets wide to allow midfielders like Bentley to get forward when we break. His pace really frightens a lot of defenders and thats a great asset at this level. He got no service at cardiff ( too many wayward aimless balls forward from especially Maher + Jupp) and it was a similar story last night. The partnership with Fredy is one of the most successful front pairings we've had in 10 years so I see no real need to change things, but its great we have another excellent striker in Dudfield to fill-in if necessary.

Must say I intially thought Gray was poor but too be honest its difficult for him as he plays right up against the opposition back four all on his own as Freddy likes to drop deep. Its a very hard for him and i think he works really hard and gives defences as much trouble as he can. This I think gives Feddy the space to do his thing.

So in short having looked at it again I think he is doing ok.

Wayne works so hard for the team, the amount of terrible passes he chases from the back, and midfield is increadible, the guy just keeps going and going

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 16 2005,15:34)]I feel gray is a key element to our attack he holds the ball he aint the target man thats Freddy but more as a playmaker!
he is the target man, for his lack of height he does really well to win the the ball in the air, he leaps up like a frog

Back